Hallo. I am 34 year old male.
Within the past 3 or 4 weeks I have had a strange thing happen to me.
My temples swell as does the area under my eyes. This usually occurs when I am eating, but not always.
The swelling is usually accompanied by a mild to severe headache in the temple side of head area.
I don’t know what to do because I drank some pain killers for my head but they didn’t help me at all.
I didn’t contact any doctor and I don’t know where to go.
What should I do. I don’t know what kind of disease or condition can cause this specific pain. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Well, I know this sounds a bit weird but I experienced almost same symptoms few days ago. I also didn’t contact any doctor but I'm planning to do so tomorrow. I talked with one of my friend who is medical student and he name me several possible reasons of my swelling. I will try to tell you as much as I can remember.
First of all, because you said that this occur when you eat, it could be some inflammation of the muscle called masseteric muscle, muscle attached to my upper jaw, which most important role is chewing. There can be several reasons of this inflammation but the most important is injury.
Also, the cause of your pain could be some sinus infection. Above your eyes there is one sinus called frontal sinus and when it gets inflamed it can cause some temporal pains.
You can't know anything more before you go and do an physical examination or even a CT of your head. Then you will know what next to do!

well I guess I am not the only one with the this condition. I also did not see a doctor. My condition is the same. Swollen temples and a mild headache that is there a good part of the day. My head feels like we do when we failed to get good sleep. I have also noticed that my sight is not as sharp and that I have a problem focusing . If you get any news pass it on and I will do the same

well I guess I am not the only one with the this condition. I also did not see a doctor. My condition is the same. Swollen temples and a mild pressure in that area for the rest of the day after eating. I have also noticed that my sight is not as sharp and that I have a problem focusing . If you get any news pass it on and I will do the same.

I'm going to the Dr. Mid February so we will see. If anyone has been diagnosed with anything can you please post. When I called the nurse she said in 30 years practicing the same, has never heard anything like that. So I hope its not a tumor. :-(

Hi there!
I also have a similar problem, it started last year and comes and goes, usually in spring and summer. Didn't have this problem in the colder months. I get a big swollen temple only on one side and it's real sore. I have trouble opening my mouth to eat or brish my teeth in the mornings.

Just as a side note: I'm in Italy...
I spent a day in the hospital last year when it first appeared and caused a lot of pain over my eye and the one side of my head. I had an IV for the pain and 3 doctors couldn't agree on what it might be. One thought it was bone since it was so hard, but x-rays came back negative for bone. They thought it could be my jaw joints but it's too high and so in the end they sent me home with painkillers and anti-inflammatories.

Later, in the summer, I was in the UK and it happened again. I went to a doctor there and she said it was a liquid buildup that would go away on it's own. Again painkillers and anti-inflammatories.

Now, a year later it has returned - I am thinking of going to get a scan (ecograph? The one they do to see a baby in the womb) They had told me to do that last year but before the appt day arrived the swelling disappeared so I didn't go.

This swelling and pain lasts a few weeks in general then just disappears.
If anybody has any more info about it, please leave a new message!
Thanks!

ask your doctor about giant cell arteritis...sounds like several of you have the symptoms...

I'm a 38 yr old man and experiencing pain free swollen temples on both sides of my head. What would cause this?

hello ev1 I'm new but i have one for you ok finna ramble alil lol but i had awaken one day washed my face as usual went outside bam hearing gone just like that went straight to the ER sat for an couple hrs waiting to be seen and given pain meds now 3months later hearing getting better after 12 visits to the ER pain meds after pain meds so 2mo later it comes back now been haveing problems with the whole left side of my face now my temple is starting to swell along with pressure in the whole left side of my head aswell as a swollen lil knott below my left ear which gets senitive at timesand makes other parts of my neck and face sore

Hi, My daughter has been ill since Thursday, sickness, diarhea , high temp hitting 39-40 and some real bad cough, then in the space of 20 minutes her temples had swollen :( been to the doctors, 3 different doctors told me they had no idea what it was but gave me medicine anyway... well my daughter is 3 and they couldn't diagnose it, I am not going to give her random medicine, so took her to the hospital... she had blood tests has even the staff there didn't know what it was... Tests came back... Mumps... 

i have allso had lumps on my temple it goes down and then grows big as i eat i have had it for some time now and it afeckts my eye some times also paine to but not allways it has whreckd my life as i rarly go out now as i think every one is looking at me ..plz can eny one help ..

hi it seems you suffer the same as i do but i get the paine some times i have had the lumps now for many years yet no cure i finde when i eat they grow bigger so i take soup or somthing easy to eat as it stops the swelling going bigger hope it helps gud luck

has anyone actually had a Dr diagnos this issue?  I've read it could be sinuses, high blook pressure, TMJ and stress related.  But was curious if anyone had an official diagnosis.

I'm experiencing the same..I'm planning to see another Dr..

I'm seeing on here that nobody has had a Dr. diagnose them. This is really frustrating because my Dr. couldn't figure it out either. This has only happened to me once(today in fact). I went to the Dr. and she had no idea what it was. She just told me that if it happens again to go back and see her. It started out for me with just a normal headache so I took some ibprofin, drank some water and started to eat my lunch. The second I started eating my headache went away BUT my temples started to swell! This has never happened to me so I called the Dr. right away. And of course just my luck that one hour later right before I got to the Dr. the swelling went down and no headache. I hope someone knowledgeable about this subject comes on here so we can all figure it out! Good luck everyone:-)

I'am in tears.My temple on right side of my face is swollen all way down my jaw.I do not know why.They will probally do ct scan on my face soon which is scary cause I heard ct scans have a lot of radiation and can cause cancer.Does anybody have any idea what could cause temple swelling andjaw swelling? Every time I look in mirror see my face on right side I get sick and vomit.I also have bleeding gums and itchy gums and I want to grit my teeth but I dont do it,Also I'am having urinary tract problems and my top left legswollen.Yes I been to Doctors and hospitals nobody has found out what is happening to me yet.I'am really worriedabout my temple swelling and jaw swelling on right.so please give me some ideas on what could cause this.