Hi there.
I have been suffering from occasional tingling in the left arm and fingers for over two years. Six months ago I had an upper respiratory infection. Since that time I have had occasional pain in the left jaw and ear with tingling and numbness in the left face in addition to the left arm. Also I have noticed a few mild floaters in my left eye. Additionally, I suffer from anxiety attacks and they have increased quite a bit in the last month probably in reaction to these symptoms. Any advice or thoughts? Thanks!

I have been experiencing the same symptoms. In addition I have been having irritation with the left side of my tongue. It feels like when you rub your tongue against a sharp tooth. I went to the dentist today and he told me that everything was normal. He believes it could be a viral issue. He is going to refer me to a specialist. Does anybody have any ideas what is going on with me?

Your symptoms when you wrote last year are exactly what I'm experiencing. Are you better? Did you get medical help? Any advice? I would really appreciate a quick email.
I'm a 33 year old mother of 3 who is a bit scared.
MRIs show no MS, chiari malformation not typical for symptoms. I am healthy and work out regularly. Take nexium for reflux and used to have very labored breathing. Have been diagnosed with panic (like you). Anything sound familiar. Thank you for your time and care to reply.
Michelle Francis

Have you tried finding a natural healing doctor for your symptoms. I know it might sound out of the ordinary but I finally found one after a friend recommended it and he has changed my life. I am still suffering occasionally but he is still in the middle of my treatment. I have gotten much better especially with the panic attacks/anxiety. At one point my anxiety was so bad I could hardly function I am 10 times better and have gone from a sceptic to a believer. Give it a try

For 4 years, I had left-side numbness in my arm, hand and leg. My face would feel tingly and I was dizzy. I had a weird sensation in my tongue. My left armpit area always hurt and I would have to apply pressure to help alleviate the pain.

I was told to see a Holistic Healer. I was hesitant but decided I couldn't deal with the pain and went to one in June 2007. As soon as I walked in she said she needs to work on my left armpit. She applied pressure with 2 of her fingers. That same day the pain was gone and no more body numbness and dizzy spells! The Holistic Healer said that it was lymphatic fluid build-up and that it needed to be released. It has been a year and I feel great! I went to doctors for 4 years and I would hear the same line-- "Your symptoms sound like stress" and then they would put me on pain medication to mask the pain. I highly recommend trying a Holistic Healer-she knew what was wrong immediately! She saved me time and money. (I had to drive over an hour- but it was well worth it!)

I had terrible tingling in my left arm and fingers. Had an MRI and found that my cervical disks (C5 and C6) are compressed. Apparently, this is very normal... I had injections in the spine and it removed all the tingling and numbness in my left arm.

You may want to have an MRI with contrast. Numbness, tingling and dizziness are all symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis.

I have been experiencing the same symptoms. Tingly arms, neck and face all on the same side: the left. Now my face is being affected. I have suffered from what I have been told is anxiety, but could this really be the case? I woke up one time and couldn't see my collar bone because it was so swollen. The swelling sensation doesn't last for more then ten minutes, and then it goes away. It's just so odd, because I am constantly told it is stress-related. I am also a grinder/clencher. Does anyone else have these symptoms? Pain in shoulder/neck, feels like a pinched nerve, constantly tired or can't sleep (one of the two). What should i do? What kind of doctor do I need?

I am male, 27 yr, healthly.
I was under some shock and very stressed condition last month and still is in more or less the same state. After that I experienced some pain in my jaw. then i starting having pain/tingling sensation in my tongue, at the tip of it and at the sides. It was there for 2-3 days but after 2 weeks it is again back. I have no problem in having food etc. But the tingling sensation is so irritating.

I search on net about it, it seems to be a symptom of MS or something called burning mouth syndrome (bms). But BMS is more frquenct in females.
Do you have any idea what is this? Please help. I more query, can you please tell me your gender, just to cool down my anxeity.

Thanks.

Hi who was the holistic healer as I have exactly the same symptoms and had glandular fever in 2006 which is when the symptoms started and have remained with me ever since.

What was the name of your holistic healer and where? As I've got the same symptoms and had them since 2006 when I got glandular fever.

I have had the same symptoms for over a year now. The tingling , numbness on one side of my face ( left), tongue swelling. I thought I had a stroke. After an emergency room visit I was diagnoised with Bells Palsy. There are steroid treatments and antviral drugs available. They have not helped me. The nerve behind the inner ear canal is swollen and they give you these drugs to help. To be honest Aleeve works the best. It's more irritating than painful, but, the dizzy spells scare me. I feel like there is more I just need to find the right person to help me.

I don't know if you ever found the help u needed, but it doesn't sound like bells palsy to me. I had the same issue about 6 years ago, it is Ramsay Hunt sydnrome. Its an infection in ur ear from a strain of the chicken pox virus...it does not go away like bells does.

This could be a sinus infection. I too get symptom such as these, but mine are usually accompanied by some sort of headache, or oura (the feeling that the symptoms are going to begin), I also sometimes have gone as far as losing use of my left arm and leg, hearing in my left ear, and had blurred vision in my left eye...it took several years to get some sort of an answer, but when I finally did, I was diagnosed with hemiplegic migrane disease. I was diagnosed by a neurologist who is also a specialist in sleep medicine and migraine disorders. There isn't a cure for this disease at this time, but it is treatable, and manageable. Since I was diagnosed, it took a while to find the right combo. of medication to help me, but once we did, I haven't had a full blown episode for almost 2 years now...I have had ouras and some mild symptoms, but nothing so serious to prompt me to go to the hospital. One warning, if you do think you might have this, DO NOT take any over the counter headache or migraine medication, they can cause a stroke if you do have this disease...naproxen based medication, or anti inflammitory meds. do seem to help a little. good luck with everything, I hope that you get answers. God bless.

I too am a mother of 3 (single) and experienced this type of thing for many years before I finally got answers. I would actually lose use of my whole left side of my body; arm, leg, eye, ear, everything. What I have been diagnosed with doesn't have to go that far though, I mean you don't have to have that severe of symptoms to actually have the disease. It's a very rare disease and not too many doctors are even familiar with it, so it may take a while to find the right one. I suggest trying to find a neurologist, migraine specialist, sometimes even a sleep medicine doctor. The disease I am referring to is called Hemiplegic Migraine Disease. Google it, see if you match the symptoms, if in fact you do think you fall into this catagory, PLEASE do not take any over the counter headache and migraine medications as they can cause a stroke in ppl with this disease, try only to use things like Aleve (or naproxen based medications) and Advil (or ibuprofen based medications). Do Not take anything like Imitrex,