Hi, I need help! My child is 4 years old and he is obviously having some problems with recognizing colors. I have heard that he should already distinguish most of the colors but that is not the case with him. We are going to the doctor but I have to know now (if it is color blindness) is there some medication for his problem? Is there some sort of lenses for color blind people?

First of all, go to the doctor. Let him determine if there is any condition to worry about. And if there is he will suggest the most appropriate course of action. There are lenses that would help him in color recognizing and that is more or less everything that can be done for color blinded people. There is no medication, and also, check for some other eye problems (sometimes, color blindness happens because of some already present illness).