Hello, I am 21 years old and I have decided to try wearing lenses. I am only slightly shortsighted but enough to wear glasses. Since I like sport very much and engage in it often, lenses will help me in that. Do color lenses have any side effects on your eyes?

You should be very careful with lenses, colored or not. You will have to maintain your facial hygiene perfectly and to clean the lenses properly and regularly. This is all due to avoid the most common eye infection – conjunctivitis. But even if that happens, don't panic. With the aggressive use of eye drops and ointments it can be dealt with in matter of days, but you will have to change the lenses.

No, because only lens for people with sight problems are curved to help them see. Normal coloured lenses fit the contours of your eyes, and should therefore not affect sight, in the short or long term. So don't worry, unless your allergic to them (EXTREMELY unlikely) Yu'll be fine, so go enjoy!

Added: They wont affect sight colour either. Because we see when light enters our pupils. The pupil part of the lense is clear. The colour just covers your coloured iris which plays no part in sight at all. I wear normal lenses (for short sight) and have had coloured. Both are fine all our safe and comfortabel.