Hello! I wear glasses for many years because of my myopia. Since I really want to change something in my life I decided to start with my eyeglasses and replace them with contact lenses. Although I have never tired to wear them I hope I will get used to them. I think I will look more attractive without my glasses. Which are the best contacts lenses for nearsightedness?

Hello! There are several types of contact lenses available to correct nearsightedness. Improvements in contact lenses have made them comfortable and easy to wear. Most people wear soft lenses since they are easier to adjust to and are more comfortable than rigid gas permeable lenses. Newer soft lens materials include silicone-hydro gels to provide more oxygen to the eye. They are for example Daily-wear lenses which are removed and cleaned at night and then inserted again in the morning. Extended-wear lenses can be worn for up to a week day and night. But I think this can increase the risk of damaging the eye. There are also Disposable lenses that may be worn for up to several weeks and then discarded. You should visit your doctor and he will help you decide which one are the best for you.