I have problem with my vision. At first I had notice some spot in my vision. Then my eye has started tearing and the eye redness. Then the pain started to appear. After the exam it was clear that I have ulcer on my retina. I wear contact lenses. Can ulcer be caused by contact lenses?

Eye redness, pain, eye tearing and vision problems are usual symptoms of the retina ulcer. The contact lenses can be the reason of retina ulcer show-up. It is especially dangerous if you ware it all the time, even at night. The spot that is injured by contact lenses can be infected by bacteria. If it is not treated retina ulcer can cause blindness.

Hi there,
There is a chance that this can be caused by your contact lenses. I know that a corneal ulcer is an open sore on the cornea. Is this where you have an ulcer? This is the thin clear structure overlying the iris, which is the colored part of your eye. This can be cause by viral or bacterial infection which can be caused by the dirty contact lenses. Have you put dirty contact lenses in your eyes? This can be detected by microscope at the doctor’s office so you need to visit your doctor in order to get a proper treatment. I hope that this helped you in any way.

All the best,
Danella