I suffer from diabetes for almost decade and a half and I know that diabetes affects eyes and I started to worry if I could be going blind. I’m actually diagnosed with nonproliferative retinopathy and I really need to know could I be going blind for it has been so many years that my sugar levels were so high.

There’s something you can do to avoid the possible blindness situation caused by your diabetes. My dad was having the same problem he’s diabetic too and his retina was so badly damaged that he needed to have vitrectomy which is much more severe condition than you are actually at now. Anyway his blood vessels were in such bad condition that it might lead the fluids to leaking into his eyes damaging his retina permanently which means total blindness. But his vitrectomy was successful and though it didn’t make his vision better it manage to protect him from the possible future blindness. And for you’re diagnosed with nonproliferative retinopathy you have better chances of escaping blindness you just need to have one of the two laser treatment options and do it as early as you can because the retina might get damaged very fast and than the chances of successful treatment are smaller. So you may decide on scatter or photocoagulation laser therapy and that’s something what your doc should decide for it depends on the severity of retinas condition. While laser surgery you might be given some eye drops as a form of anesthesia after which the laser lights are focused on the retina.

I DONT THINK " OFF THE CUFF" I COULD EVER ANSWER A QUESTION LIKE THAT. JUST THE IDEA WOULD BE HARD ENOUGH BUT " OFF THE CUFF" ANSWERS FOR SOMETHING SO SERIOUS...IS NOT A GOOD PLAN TO ME. ITS ONE THING TO GIVE AN OPINION OF WHY SOMEONE HAS GAS...OR A HANG NAIL...BUT, BLINDNESS....I COULD NEVER OFFER ANY KIND OF ANSWER....OTHER THAN....TALK TO YOUR DOC.