I am having problems with my daughter for the last couple of days. She doesn't want to go to school and she keeps telling me that she is sick. She looks good, I didn't notice any type of symptoms. When I asked her why she told me that she feels pain when she needs to urinate and that her urine is orange, sometimes pink. I was laughing because I have never heard that urine can have this type of color. But then I did some research and I saw that some people are complaining about this as well. 

Is it really possible to have orange or even pink urine color?

Hi pink,

It is definitely possible to have orange or pink urine color and it is not something to laugh about because this can mean that your daughter might be suffering from a dangerous condition or that she has some problems inside her body. 

You really want to go and take your daughter to a doctor because she needs to do some tests. Both of these changes in her urine color can be caused by some dangerous things (although these can also be caused by some foods and medications but if she is already feeling bad, then there is probably something bigger going on) so she needs to check it out.

ThePleasureIsMine is totally right, this is not something that you want to play with. Orange urine color can mean that your daughter took some medications and that this is just a side effect of those medications but if that is not the case (and if she doesn't eat too many carrots), then it will mean that your daughter is suffering from one of the very serious conditions and that she will need some kind of treatment as soon as she can get it. I hope that this is already enough information for you to make you take your daughter to see her doctor.

It's possible and you need to take your daughter to see her doctor, just like the others have already suggested you to do. Red urine and pink urine are basically caused by the same things, these are caused most often by some medications and some foods but it can also mean that your daughter has a problem with her blood, if she already has problems with her menstrual cycles, then the problem is definitely her blood. But hey, don't make any fast conclusions, take your daughter to a doctor, let her do some tests and see what will these tests show.

You want to check that out, abnormal urine color is an alert to get checked by a doctor, and if your daughter has several urine colors, if they change sometimes, I think that there has to be something wrong with her body for that to happen. I don't mean to scare you but you really need to take your daughter to see a doctor. I never had any problems with abnormal urine color but I do know some people who did and I have to tell you that most of them found out that something serious was causing their urine color changes.

Sure it is. It is possible to have pink urine. It is even possible to have orange urine.

Those colors can tell a lot about your health. I don't know a lot about pink urine since I never had problems with it, but I do know something about orange urine.

So, orange urine discoloration is usually a result of medication use. Some of the medicines that can cause this color of urine are rifampin, isoniazid, and phenazopyridine. Additionally, riboflavin, sulfasalazine, and warfarin (in the absence of hematuria) have also the same effect. 

But generally, it can be because of the foods that you are eating. Did you eat a lot of carrot lately? 

Food really can cause my urine color to be different? Well, yes! I am eating a lot of carrots lately. Beet is also my number one food for the last couple of months. Now, when I look back, in that period all those changes actually started to happen to her, but silly me - I could never tell that this is because of this. So, if I am eating those groceries, my daughter is eating them as well. But why she has all those changes and I don't? My urine is normal. Should I still try to convince her to see the doctor or I should change the food that we are eating? Tnx a lot!

Look, just to be sure you should tell her to visit the doctor. She will feel much better. I understand, she is probably a teenager and she is scared to visit the doctor. Also, she feels bad because she will probably urinate in the cup.

But that is a normal thing. Find a way to convince her to go to see her doctor, otherwise, you won't show that you are authority for her.

Also, change foods for her, apparently you are OK with those groceries, but she is not. There are so many things that you can do, but visiting doctor should be number one.