Hi, folks. My son is 5 years old and his ophthalmologist is almost certain that he has color blindness. There are just few tests to be done. What do you think about the life expectancy of these kids? Maybe I am exaggerating, but I am worried. I hope someone will share his/her experience with me.

There is no correlation between being colour blind and life expectancy. My grandfather is colour blind and he's in his 80's now.
There's no need to worry at all. I would be more concerned about his health-eating habits then anything else. A child on McDonalds will probably have a heart attack while a child on veges, fruits, and proteins will prosper.

Hi there,
I don’t think that his life is threatened with this condition. He only will not be able to tell colors and this would be his major setback.. But he will have a chance to live a normal and long life. I am not sure if somebody told you that this might jeopardize his life but you can’t believe this. You don’t have to worry about this anymore because as I said he will be healthy and there are no life treats. You have to understand that he will just have to learn to live with this issue his entire life because I am not sure if they can fix this problem.

All the best,
Danella