I suffer from panic anxiety disorder and last week I started Lexapro. I am interested in hearing other people’s experience with this drug. How long does it take to start working? Thx!

Hi! I have been taking Lexapro for about 3 months and I have so much success with it. I experienced no side effects what so ever. Well, it is true that my depression started to get worse over the time but the doc increased my dosage and now I am doing fine again. Good luck! Hope you will feel fine soon!

I began taking Lexapro about 18 months ago after years of dealing with depression and anxiety. I had prescriptions for adderall and ritalin at times in high school and college, thinking my problem was ADD, but they didn't take care of the problem. Lexapro is the only anti-depressant I have ever taken, and I love it. It makes me feel like myself, instead of trying to be happy and wondering why I'm crying all the time. I still cry, have emotions, have good sex, drink alcohol...I live my life normally instead of wondering why I can't feel normal. My psychiatrist said she has taken it for 5 years and took it through 2 pregnancies. This may be something I do. I consider taking 10 mg of Lexapro each day to be the same as another person taking blood pressure medication. It is not something we should be made to feel badly about. It does not work right away...it takes about 3-4 weeks to kick in. I think this is a plus, because you don't have to wonder if it is the placebo effect making you feel better...you don't notice you are feeling better all of a sudden. Give it a chance to work. Good Luck.