Hi, good people. A very good friend of mine is diagnosed with hiv infection. I cannot imagine how he feels now. I would like to help him as much as I can. Can anyone tell me how long life expectancy is for hiv patients? I would really appreciate all your replies considering this.

Hi, there. I am sorry to hear about your friend. Nowadays, outlook for HIV patients is much better than it used to be. People who take antiviral drugs regularly can be just HIV positive for more than 10 years. When HIV infection progresses into AIDS, then the prognosis varies. Some people die within few years. However, there are cases when people lived with manifested AIDS for more than 10 years. Your friend must be regular with his doctor appointments. I hope he will be all right. Bye!

Hi. Thank you for replying to my post. I didn’t have an idea that people could live with HIV infection for more than 10 years. I always thought they lived for less than few years. I guess I was wrong. My friend is a fighter and I believe he will manage to live. Thanks for answering.