Hello, good people. My friend has been diagnosed with alzheimer’s disease. He is 60 years old and doctors say that this is an early onset for this type of disease. I would like to know about the life expectancy for early onset of this disease. I would appreciate if someone could tell me something more.

From what I can recall, you have about five or so years left to talk to them. It's if you don't know already practically incurable and unfortunately quite terminal. I can only tell you to keep tough, because your friend's mind will begin to slowly slip away eventually. That's the short end of it.

Hallo,
Alzheimer’s disease is a form of dementia that usually gradually gets worse over time. The problem is that your memory and behavior are affected mostly. The age of 60 is the age where patients might feel the first onset of Alzheimer’s and the problems is that this condition tends to worsen very fast. The thing is that life expectancy can range from three year to twenty years of life but this is all individually and it is hard to predict how long will patient with Alzheimer’s disease live. On what kind of treatment is your friend? I know that there is no cure for this disease but things can be manageable for long period of time.