I was browsing around the world wide web for information about prader willi syndrome, when I came across this site. Perhaps you can help me with some answers? In the first place, I want to find out what the average life expectancy for people with prader willi syndrome is. After that, I can ask some more questions perhaps?

Hello wakefield1533, 

Welcome to SteadyHealth and I hope I can help you with at least some of your questions. 
First, Prader Willi syndrome is a genetic disorder that causes a very wide range of possible symptoms and conditions, so there is no general rule on how long will the people suffering from Prader Willi syndrome live. This is even more the case nowadays since the disorder is diagnosed earlier and if the child gets the hormone replacement treatment in time, chances are that it will never develop the most live-threatening symptom – morbid obesity.

It’s the morbid obesity that is very characteristic for this syndrome that causes other conditions that change life expectancy, mainly diabetes and heart or vascular problems, such as the high cholesterol.

What if they never got the hormone treatment, and they are sixty six with most common sideaffects of the syndrom?

My brother with Prader Willi passed away this past Sunday at age 65. He had COPD, obesity. It was the lung issues that was the most problematic for him. One of his MD's mentioned what little lungs he had. Don't know if this is typical for this syndrome.

My sister was misdiagnosed back in the 1960s until we took her to Cleveland Clinic and was diagnosed with PWS. They regulated her calories but she still continued to gain weight. She passed away at the age of 16. I miss her very much she was three years older then me. I wish they knew more back then so she could be with us today.