Hello everybody! As a family, we have been talking about adding a dog to our household for ages, but it is something that never quite happened for some reason. Now, someone in our circle of friends has yellow lab pups, and we are VERY tempted to take one. What is their life expectancy? And should we take a male or female yellow lab? I'd appreciate your comments!

Well one labs can be a handful they are chewers and they chew everything! Not kidding! They can live up to I think 8 to 10 years a family friend just put her chocolate lab down and he was 12 so normal life expectancy. I would research a lot before getting any pet especially a puppy it's like having a baby they need constant attention and would be a shame if you get a puppy and can't handle them and give them up. Males will get very attached to you and follow you around all the time females are usually a lil more independent but every dog is different so I say research research research!! Good luck