Hello, good people. My wife and I are thinking of buying a dog. We have a large backyard and we have no kids. I think that pet will be good for us. I was thinking of buying a german shepherd. I would like to find out the life expectancy for these dogs. Can you name me some? I would appreciate it.

I just had to put down my German Shepard. She lived to be 13 years old. GREAT dogs. You'll never meet a more loyal dog.

My first shepherd lived to be 14 and was the smartest dog ever! He completely understood spoken commands and loved to patrol and guard. He was exceptional with children.

My second is a white shepherd. He is currently 9 and in great health. This dog has the best personality yet. He has never destroyed anything-plays with his toys, adores us and has a huge bark. Again, he loves children and is extremely gentle.

I would highly recommend this breed. It is important to go to a reputable breeder as puppy mills and such produce dogs with health issues like hip dyplasia, immunity problems etc.

Best of luck!