I was discharged today from the hospital. I have CHF and irregular heartbeat. All I have been reading is 50% die within 5 years and many do not live the first year after discharge. My heart is only pumping at 20% capacity. I want to know is this enough to keep things flowing and congestive free? He put me on the meds: Lasix, Warfarin, Lisinopril and Atenolol for this condition. I quit smoking already.

I had a massive heart attack 2003. I was 57 years old I was in ICU for 8 days, had a triple bi-pass and emerged from the hospital with CHF. Also in 2003 I got a pacemaker implanted. My meds for CHF are Coreg, Lisinopril,Spironolactone, Pot Chloride, Ecotrin aspirin, Digitek,Lipitor,Warfarin, Atenolol. I cannot do as much as before, I can work slowly for about 30 min then I must rest for about 30 min. I rest most afternoons and do walk for at least 30 minutes everyday on a treadmill. My life has changed but I do my meds and I listen of my doctors. I researched and learned about the situations so you will be ready and prepared to make wise decisions concerning my health.