Five weeks ago I had a heart surgery. Now I’m ok, I don’t feel any pain. Also I feel like I can do anything I want. I would like to exercise. But I don’t know does my condition allow that. Can somebody tell me should I be exercising after heart surgery?

It is important to increase your activity gradually. You should consult with your physical therapists first. He will provide you with an individual plan for exercise before your discharge. You need a balance of rest and exercise for your recovery. And remember you need to rest 30 minutes after meals before exercising.

Exercising after heart surgery

I am 62 years old man. I just 4 weeks ago came back from the hospital after replacing my main valve... Well First week didn`t do much, but I started the week after a 1/4 of a mile on a speed 1.8~2.0 on my treadmill, last week I went up to 2.00 and 1/2 a mile speed now speed is 2.00and by the time I finish it gradually turn it up to 2.5,.I hope I can get my voice back as I am a singer, so far I`m not very happy the way I sound(no long notes, get tired easy) I follow my doctors advises and the Coumadin(warfarin) Dr,......Watch out your diet .God be with you!!! I hope this will help you!

Please disregard the earlier post:I am 62 years old man. I just 4 weeks ago came back from the hospital after replacing my main valve... Well First week didn`t do much, but I started the week after a 1/4 of a mile on a speed 1.8~2.0 on my treadmill, last week I went up to a 1/2 a mile and the speed now was speed 2.00and by the time I finish it gradually turn it up to 2.5,.I hope I can get my voice back as I am a singer, so far I`m not very happy the way I sound(no long notes, get tired easy) I follow my doctors advises and the Coumadin(warfarin) Dr,......Watch out your diet .God be with you!!!

Please disregart the earlier post:I am 62 years old man. I just 4 weeks ago came back from the hospital after replacing my main valve... Well First week didn`t do much, but I started the week after a 1/4 of a mile on a speed 1.8~2.0 on my treadmill, last week I went up to 1/2 a mile and the speed now was speed 2.00and by the time I finish it gradually turn it up to 2.5,.I hope I can get my voice back as I am a singer, so far I`m not very happy the way I sound(no long notes, get tired easy) I follow my doctors advises and the Coumadin(warfarin) Dr,......Watch out your diet .God be with you!!!