I have swelling and discoloration foot and ankle, one year after foot surgery. Plate and pin in big toe. Question: One year after, do I apply heat or ice for swelling and discoloration?

Does your ankle 'normally' swell after walking or physical activity since your surgery? Doe you experience pain?

If so I'd check in with the Doctor perhaps the pin is aggravating tissues internally.

My feet an ankles swell when I stand or walk during the day.  Also, I have red and purple splotches on my feet and ankles.  I have been taking Lasix for swelling in my ankles and puffiness of the face.  My doctor has reduced my Lasix to 1/2 tablet because my kidney function studies have returned "in the range of high normal".   What is causing this?  Am I getting into the beginning of renal failure or perhaps the beginning of congestive heart failure?  I am 78 years old.   ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use