I have shooting pains in my chest when I lay on my right side. It feels like a sharp pushing pressure. When I return to lying on my back it continues to hurt when I breathe deeply. It eventually goes away but there are times when I feel chest and upper back pain that extends to the upper abdominal area when I sit too long. I f I lie on my back it eventually goes away. I am about 15 pounds overweight. I'm not sure if that's the contributing factor.

I'm having the same experience. When laying on my RIGHT side I get these pinching and stabbing pains right under my left breast! This only started one week ago. I'm able to sleep on my LEFT side without difficulty - but if I roll over in my sleep, the pain in my chest wakes me up instantly. The pain is too strong to ignore or bear - but not so bad as to make you cry out (but it's close!).

I'm 43, thirty pounds overweight. I only wonder if it is heart or circulation related because late in my pregnancies (three) I was told to lay on my left side to help blood flow. Apparently laying on the right side put pressure on some vessel, especially with the added weight from a baby inside.

I don't know whether to see a physician or not.

same exact thing is happening to me. I don't need to describe it because you guys explained it perfect, I am 20 pounds over. 205, 5'10.

Hi. I am 25 years old and not overweight. Ever since I was a child I suffered with this pain. I could lean on my left first while working at the table doing work, stand up, and have excrusiating pain in my left chest. My heart beats fast and I would have to slowly try to breathe again. This happened often whenever I would put any pressure on that left side. I still have this issue, but it has been a long time since I couldn't breather, but it is very frustrating. I can not lay a certain way while with a guy or even to relax on the couch and so on. It seems to help if I put my arm up and stretch that area and my doctor believes it is muscular, but I can not help but think this is not normal and not something I want to live with if I don't have to. As I read online, it seems many woman say you have to lay on your left side. This scares me because I literally can't! Suggestions anyone?I did have an echocardiogram that just showed a slight murmur we knew about when I was born. Thank you in advance!

I am 4o years old ...Im 5'6 and 120 lbs not overweight. I first noticed this sharp pain in my chest when I was in my 20's...the Dr. said it was a bad cold causing it...that the lining around the ribs were inflamed and when I made a sudden movement....like rolling over...getting in and out of the car...etc. the ribs were pinching the lining causing the sharp pain. WELL....a BAD cold???? that was almost 20 years ago and I still have it! It doesnt seem to be worse but it take a while to go away when I roll over at night.....I have to massage my chest and really try to relax for it to ease up. I have had chest xrays in the last year but no Dr. has ever said that there was something there?? If anyone has been diagnosed with arthritis or something to explain these symptoms we have please share.

I also have these pains, and they just started this year I am 19 years old and far from overweight, Im 6'0'' 165lbs, I excercise a lot because I am a college soccer player and have never experienced anything like this so if anyone can explain this too me that would be great.

I have this too. The thing is, I'm 14 years old, male, 5 foot 6 inches, and weigh 100 pounds. I used to sleep on my right all the time, but now I just can't do it anymore.

my wife is 46 she has had this pain for years to its a deep all the way through her chest only they told her it was shingles and gave her lyrica it helps but she dont think its that because she can feel a crunching in her chest

Hi,I too am experiencing the same pains. It's only started two days ago so I'm not sure if it'll go away or not. Anyways I am only a 15 yr old female who is 5'5" and 125 pounds, a little chubby but not at all overweight... I used to be extremely athletic, but then stopped when my kneecap was shattered. I've been slowly healing and have not been exercising as I should... When I lay on my right side, I get these sharp pains that is under my left chest area. However, when on my back or left side the pain doesn't show unless I breathe heavily... Is there something wrong with my lungs?... Or heart?...

On one hand I am glad to not be the only one except you ladies don't seem to know what is going on! I have had this pain for about six weeks started out when I laid on my right side, now I am forced to sleepnon my back all the time. Turning quickly is very painful breathing deeply hurts and I am overweight but have been the same for a while. 3 young kids oldest is 5 youngest is almost 2. I am only 24 and in pretty good health other than my weight.

I am having that same problem.. I am 16 year old and i am am actually under weight so i dont think it is about weight. It actually hurts so bad i kinda want to see a doctor

if you find you have a wispy cough or short coughing fits...see dr. ( sound like mine stuff but ended up being an pulmonary embolism ( blood clots) with infection that puctured my right lung..can be fatal.

what ended up being the reason for the pain and discomfort you had?

I'm a 15 year old female, I get the shooting pain in my left lung/rib just under my boob. It happens, like you have said when I lay on my side. I am a smoker, probably the problem. I'm a healthy weight for my age and height, maybe 5/10 pounds under.

You all just told my exact story...if any any of you have since received answers please share. I am a 28 yr female with two children. This pain has become instant when I lay on my left side. I must put pressure on the area and take tiny breaths. If I breath too deeply I swear my heart/lung/whatever hurts will either collapse or burst. Frightening to say the least. I do not smoke, am not overweight, but I do have asthma.