hi im 18 and I have had a very light yeast infection for over a year now... I've treated it several times and everytime I go to the gyn they just say "yeah I see a little yeast in there ill write you a perscription" I've probably went through like 15 yeast infection treatments and tried the cream, the pill and both at the same time and it won't go away. I've been with the same guy for 2 years now and he says its hardly noticeable, just has a different smell/taste and thicker consistancy, and the symptoms are occasionally more severe evrey once in a while depending on the amount of intercourse that we have that week but it rarely ever itches or bothers me at all!? what's going on...? please help!

Celebrity
Are you on the pill?
Make a note when its worse?
It could be you produce more when your ovulating.
Im on the pill an in the middle week i produce more, It has a different smell an its bright white.

Vaginal yeast infections are the most common type of yeast infection, but there are other types of yeast which can affect a person as well. These include penile, mouth and skin. All of these can be passed from person to person if contact is made with any portion of the infected area. Vaginal/penile yeast typically occurs as a result of sexual intercourse. Because yeast infect the genitals and surrounding areas, this is the one area that makes regular contact with your partner during intercourse. This is one of the most common causes of yeast infections spreading. You have had this going on for over a year, and i am quite surprised your Doctor didn't mention that you could be passing it back and forth with your partner. He gives you meds, it clears up but you get it back. This is because your partner is probably passing it back to you. Call your MD and ask him to suggest a remedy for the both of you. Yeast is annoying but it's nothing to worry about. Just talk to your Doctor.

but... I've gone a month without having intercourse and after medicating myself for it and it still remaines to linger.... can you have a perminant vaginal yeast infection that just never goes away? or the longer you have it the harder it is to get rid of it?

iVe been going through this for two years, the whole time my boyfriend and i have been dating. DId yu figure it out?? did you ever get it to go away? and did you try the natural methods instead of doctors perscriptions?