Please help me…I am not in a situation where I can get to a doctor easily to ask about this..
For the last month or so I have had a lumpy whitish discharge that is odour less, doesn’t itch but lately intercourse has been a little painful..I have unprotected sex with a partner who is std free. I think it could be a yeast infection? Its came totally out of the blue, stops when im on my period then starts again a few days after…its very hot here which could be how this started? Or can oral sex have caused this? I don’t know how to get rid of it and can this cause me long term health problems? Can it harm my boyfriend?

Hi. I'm not a doctor, but I do get yeast infections, and you sound like you definately have one. It's possible to get a yeast infection from oral sex, if your partner has thrush, but HIGHLY UNLIKELY. Yeast infections are simply something a lot of women have to deal with. 80% if I'm rememering correctly. Everyone has yeast (candidas) growing naturally in their bodies. An infection is simply when the yeast starts growing more rapidly that normal. And hot climates encourage growth.

Before you run to the drugstore for a cure, I would suggest trying a home remedy and if this fails, talk to your doctor. The 1-day cures DON'T work- they only kill off the easy yeast, and you are pretty guaranteed to have a return of the infection. The 3 and 5 and 7 day versions are more effective, but none are void of side-effects. It's way nicer to your body to try and cure it naturally.

I've had no trouble getting rid of yeast in the past. Four things help:
1. Yogurt with active bacterial cultures. The cultures work against the yeast and bring your body back to a neutralised level. Eat as much as you can stomach (get a natural one with low or no added sugars, since sugars can encourage the growth of yeast). And, if you aren't grossed out by it, put some yogurt, ahem, down there. It sounds gross, but it's surprisingly effective.
2. I take cranberry suppliments- they increase the acidity and clean out your system.
3. Drink lots and lots of water to keep your juices clear of overgrowing yeast.
4. Battle hot, humid climates, but doing what you can to keep your yeast infected areas cool and dry. Sleep without underwear, since air flow is extremely helpful. Always dry yourself entirely after bathing, maybe use baby powder to keep things dry when you are out and about.

Hope this helps!!
Kat

hi im 15 years old and i think i might have a yeast infection because i have most of the symptoms. i dont want to tell my parents or go to a doctor until im old enough. will the yest infection cuz me to have problemes when im older like not being able to get pregnant .