I've had this penile infection,went to see a doctor,he prescribed me miconazole nitrate 2%.i went to do some research in the web and found it to be a cream for yeast infection.However the doctor told me its something thats got to do with hygeine and that the infection i got is probably not yeast infection.but isnt it contradicting if its not yeast infection and she gave me a cream for yeast infection?I also went to the web and read that yeast infection causes alot of itchiness and burning sensation when i urine.I did not have any itch at all and no burning sensation at all when i urine before i went to see the doctor.Is it still possible fo me to get yeast infection without those symptoms?someone pls help.A simple answer will do too and thanks for time spent reading this.

you need to call and get your exact diagnoses from your doctor. this includes what bacteria was colonized from a culture if one was done. if one was not done then seek medical treatment elsewhere. treatment with the wrong antibiotic or to strong antibiotic can kill the good bacteria that keep the bad bacteria (candida albicans, aka yeast infection) in check, this is especially true if you still have your foreskin (uncircumcised). It sounds like you have urtheritis which is a bacterial infection within your urethera (the tube that urine comes out of), which can become worse and ascend into your bladder and kidneys if not treated properly. a good home remedy for this is eat a glove of garlic and lots of yogurt as these foods pass readily through the gentinoury system and have profound antibacterial properties. good luck.