I have been seeing this one guy for over four years now, and it seems that almost every time we start having sex regularly, i get a really bad yeast infection. when i was 17, i had eight yeast infections in one year. I dont understand how this can happen. we are generally careful too, when it comes to washing up before and after sex. Could it be that our bodies dont mix well? I rarely let him finish inside of me either, so i dont see how that could be the problem.

what should i do?

I just googled this same problem, and found your post. I know it's months later, but I'm wondering if you found any solution. I've had the same issue with a guy I've also been seeing (on and off) for four years. It's awful! I've been to specialists, and tried all the regular yeast drugs, none of which worked. Including Diflucan 1x week for 7 weeks, and 3 times in one week. (All of this prescribed by a Dr.). Only relief I've found is with boric acid suppositories from WHole Foods. Which is messy, and not a permanent solution if I want to continue having sex. Ugggggh!

Any help welcome.

i had the same prob when i was younger yeast infection after yeast infection and sometimes just masterbation would cause it... it was because of my diet. i dont remember exactly what it was i think too much sugar changes the ph at any rate my dr told me about acidopolis not sure if im spelling it right..its a probiotic and it helps with digestion but a side effect is that it helps regulate ph...try it, it worked for me....you can get it at any heath place like gnc or vitamine store

Just came upon your posts. Anyone having any luck? I'm in the same boat, although I've only been with this guy for 2 years. We hardly ever have sex, b/c of this problem and EVERY time we do I get an infection. So frustrating. I've tried probiotics and all sorts of things. I've been having luck w/boric acid but like another poster said, it's messy and not a solution! I just want to go back to have fun, carefree sex with my boyfriend.

Here are a couple of thoughts:

-If washing up before sex means dushing...You could be washing away necessary bacteria that is naturally found in your vagina. That bacteria kills off foreign bacteria.

-Could your partner have other partners?

-Have you consulted a doctor? You should...right away.

I hope this helps.

I had a roomate in college that battled with the same issues. It seemed not a week went by that she wasn't down with a yeast infection. She did several things that stood out to me to eliminate the issues. She never took baths, only showers. Apparently the yeast like to live among the warmth! Also, she increased her intake in yogurt and eliminated breads and starchy foods. This seemed to help a great deal.

If things do not subside, you should definately consult your physician to see if there is medication that you can take.

Hi:
Have our suggestions helped? How is your situation. If you've seen a doctor, and I hope you have, what did you find out. Your situation sounds so miserable for you, but even with the amount of time that you've battled this problem, there has got to be an answer. I hope that you have sought one out by now and I hope that you have found the answer. Please let us know what you've learned. I hope that you are feeling much better. We look forward to hearing from you.

I use boric acid for my yeast infections. My Dr. told me that it possible to grow a resistance to the over the counter treatments. even when i don't have a yeast infection i use it a few times a week and this seems to make having sex easier.

This treatment is cheap and safe.
Hope this helps

I use boric acid too, I had the same problem with my boyfriend. Everytime we had sex I ended up with a yeast infection so bad that even the doctor's were shaking their heads. He treated us both with diflucan and then I ended up with a great gyn who told me about boric acid and I swear by it! It's not that messy, you get it at a pharmacy who does compounding, it's in a capsule form, you insert it at night and the next day you wear a panty liner as you do have some leakage, but it's cleaning you out and it only lasts a short while. I feel fresh and no more itching. Sometimes 1 is all it takes. I also get treated hormonally as well as I don't have my reproductive organs anymore, so they increased my estrogen to help. But as a very important side note. My boyfriend had other partners, many. I did not know but suspected after so many infections. Needless to say we have been through a lot. I am a lot more cautious and have better gyn health. So, you might want to ask yourself, is he straying. But just to let everyone know, that Boric Acid does work and where traditional methods have less that a 50% success rate, Boric Acid has 80 to 90% success rate and cures.
d.

I am very leery about the boric acid, but i have chronic infections for a year now, Diflucan doesn't work, nor does yogurt, I don not have a normal sex life. I have two main questions: 1. Does anyone know how to keep vaginal pH in balance so we dont even get the infection? and 2. What if my gyn wont write me a script for the boric acid? and I live in a place where there is no whole foods?? What then does anyone know of any reliable web sites???? OK say maybe three questions, :-D I am overwhelmed at 22 not knowing when i can have sex w/ my b/f or is it going to be another 2 weeks or months..I am at a loss and sad over it!! any advice is soooooo appreciated. My dr doesnt know what to do about it.

thankyou

I have the same issues as everyone else on this site it seems. I'm 22 and me and my boyfriend of a year have sex pretty regularly(or whenever possible) and I swear EVERY time we have sex I get some type of infection. I feel like i've had a yeast infection for a year. Sometimes I'll go to the doctor and he'll say it's a yeast infection, the next time he'll say it's a bacterial infection. I eat yogurt every day, and take acidophilous pills every day, I never eat bread for fear it will give me a yeast infection, and I never drink beer. It's so awful, every day is uncomfortable. Some people have said that maybe my boyfriend has a yeast infection that he keeps passing back to me, I asked my doctor though, and he said that's not possible. I've tried Clyndamycin, Diflucan, Monistat, Metrogel(I know some of these are for a bacterial infection), Nystatin, and some other prescription cream for a yeast infection, and seriously nothing has worked. I will try the boric acid, and if anyone else knows anything, please help!

Boric Acid seems to be the unifying theme in these posts.
I've had yeast infections for going on two years (ugh!) & after trying garlic, yoghurt, drugs & natural probiotic suppositories, boric acid was the only thing that could give me any relief. So, that means that i have been using boric acid for about a year and a half & i'm starting to worry that there might be some longterm effects? Does anyone know if there's any negative consequences to using boric acid continually. I need relief from these infections, but i don't want to risk further problems down the road...

Hello ladies!
I been having the same problem also. My doctor told me about boric acid. It does not require a prescription. You just insert 600mg for 14 days, and it is supposed to regulate your ph levels which prevent the yeast from building. It is not that messy. You just need a pantiliner. I have tried acidopholis, yogurt, diflucan etc. None of them worked. So far the boric acid is working.

I have had the same problem for 7 years and think that some people are just prone to chronic yeast infections. Here is my advice (from personal experience):

1. use condoms with sex
2. decrease sugars, starches, beers, wines, and vinegars in diet; increase intake of yogurt or take acidophilus supplements
3. use boric acid 1-2x day for 3 days for a bad yeast infection; maybe 1x per month to avoid the post-period yeast infection
4. do away with those expensive prescription and over the counter treatments which are irritating and don't work after you've been dealing with resistant straings from having the problem for several years.

You can order boric acid online. I went to amazon and ordered the powdered form with empty size 0 capsules and a capsulator. I used to buy the pre-made capsules by Vitanica and they apparently changed the formula and no longer work.

Hope this helps.

So I have been having a similar experience as most of you. I have been having yeast infections regularily for the last 6 months. I decided to go visit my gynecologist and found out some useful information. He told that it is possible my husband is reinfecting me everytime we have sex. His recommendation was to treat both of us for the yeast infection even though my husband had NO symptoms. Basically we bought a 3 day kit and ever night I placed some of the cream on the tip of his penis (under the foreskin) and I then used the kit myself.