okay i realy need good answers im 13 and uhm theres these flapps like on the opening side of my vagina and im really really itchy and on the flapps its wrinkly? and uhm ive heardd if your itchy and it smells bad like fish u have a yeast infection so ya i think i do have a yeast infection but im a virgin how culd that happen? is it normal or is it something else and im scared to tell my mom she wuld think i had sex but i never have and im scared for the docters to check down there to what do i do im scared?!!!!!

If you do have a yeast infection, you can get over the counter stuff without seeing a dr. Just tell your mother....you can get yeast infections from ANYTHING! Eating certain foods, tight clothes, swimming, sex....and theres more! Do you have a discharge or anything?? Thats another sign of a yeast infection.

I second what mgunter says.  Yeast infections can be caused by a variety of things.  Do you eat a lot of sugar?  Have you been working out and wearing moist gym clothes for long periods of time?  Have you recently taken an antibiotic for anything such as a sinus infection?  All of these things and more can cause yeast infections.  Infants/toddlers can develop vaginal yeast infections, honey.  The flora in our bodies gets a little off balance sometimes and that's what can happen.  As for the "fishy" smell, I disagree.  Yeast infections, in my opinion, smell of bread, because after all, bread is made with yeast.  I'm serious.  I've had them before and noticed the bread dough smell.  mgunter is right about OTC meds to treat yeast infections.  You could try a 1, 3 or 5 day treatment with an external cream for the labia, which is the wrinkly part I assume you're referring to.  Itching, rash, burning, odor and discharge are all symptoms of a yeast infection, but they can also indicate other problems.  If you buy an OTC yeast infection treatment, it will ONLY work for yeast infections.  If it were something else causing the vaginitis, these meds would not work.  And if your mother has any knowledge whatsoever of female anatomy and health, she would not jump to the conclusion that you had intercourse because you may have a yeast infection.  Good luck!

Does monistat work ?