I am 52 years old, male. I had a coronary intervention 2 months ago. I’ve been using argatroban as anticoagulant therapy since then. Doctor warned me about potential adverse reactions and interactions of argatroban with number of drugs. I am interested in other’s experiences with argatroban. How do you find it effective and do you believe in its efficiency?

As I am informed, argatroban is the only approved direct thrombin inhibitor. It is recommended both in prophylaxis and treatment of thrombosis. All the anticoagulant drugs cause adverse reactions and interact with other drugs applied at the same time. That is because of its pharmacokinetics. Argatroban may compete with other drug in a metabolic pathway. I believe in efficiency of argatroban in patients who have risk of HIT undergoing coronary intervention. Anticoagulant therapy is necessary in that case.