My husband’s therapy had been changed. He suffers from heart condition, and he started this week with new drug Vasotec. Please tell me more about this drug and its contraindications. Thank you very much.

Vasotec is indicated for the treatment of hypertension and it is contraindicated in patients, who are hypersensitive to this product, also patients with a history of angioedema and in patients with hereditary or idiopathic angioedema. In a clinical pharmacology study, indomethacin or sulindac was administered to hypertensive patients receiving Vasotec and there was no evidence of a blunting of the antihypertensive action of Vasotec. However, reports suggest that NSAIDs may diminish the antihypertensive effect of ACE (including Vasotec) inhibitors, so this interaction should be given consideration in patients taking NSAIDs concomitantly with ACE inhibitors.