Hi I'm 20 years old. I have a very loud heart beat, I can see my heart beating when I look at my chest all the time. It's not just me because people have told me they can see my chest beating hard and hear it. It doesn't just happen when I'm anxious or scared or emotional. I also get these spells...I white out sometimes, a white spot in my vision surfaces from time to time and then I can't see. Please tell me if this is normal.

I am not a practitioner, but I would suggest going to a physician to check your cardio. It sounds like high blood pressure to me, so get your cholesterol levels checked too. (your practitioner should do what is necessary by medical history) In any case, do you have an enlarged heart or used steroids (information they will need/have from medical history)? You should probably start a healthy diet if you aren't on one already (but shouldn't everyone be??? {I know it is hard sometimes, I don't have the most healthy diet either}) Those are my suggestions, take them or leave them, but you should ask a practicing physician (also tell them what happens as a result of running that accompanies the "white outs." Often the more symptoms you give, the more accurate the diagnosis. Also, for some people it just happens this way (genetics).

It's been my experience at different points in my life that my heart beat would be uncomfortably fast and pounding at times. The number one reason I found was dehydration.

I've seen several posts about this, and only one response which suggested dehydration as the cause. The cause of dehydration could be a variety of things: too much caffeine or alcohol, combined with not enough sleep, and/or medications.

I had my heart pounding problem problem pretty much solved for years, but recently I started taking Adderall for ADD and it's back. I'm still figuring it out. I drank two glasses of water last night before bed, kept waking up all night to urinate, and still woke up with a rapid pounding heart beat. So tonight I'm going to try just staying hydrated all day, but not drinking so much right before bed, so I can get a good rest. Hope this helps!

I had the same issue, and my doctors always used to say, you have blood pressure of that of a child, which is rather low. I also know that stressing out myself, a little fear and anxiety about work and due to stress also increase my chances of heart beating faster and louder enough that I can instantly feel it.

I have read the comments on this page and as a medical student I would advise you all to stop using these sites and start booking appointments with your doctor! You cant diagnose someone from a short history, you need to be examined. Dont be scared about going to your doctor they see things like this every day but you can then get the help you really need and if something is seriously wrong it will be picked up.

I am 16 years old and i took a blood pressure test at my local Walmart. the tests told me that i have stage 1 Hypertension. My friend took the test as well and his Heart Beats Per minute was 75 and when i took my test it was 127. I also have diabetes so im figuring it has something to do with that. I am always shaking and when i look at my chest i can see my heart beating. when i am sleeping at night i can hear it beating and i a very conserned.

I would say I have to agree everone on here giving advice for serous concerns of others is wrong. Those of you that are relying on the internet to help you should be more scared of getting the wrong advice that you are of going to the Doctor and getting taken care of. Your health is no joke and I can almost bet a 100% it does not mean as much to anyone of these people giveing you advice as it does to you. DOnt ask for advice online GO SEE A DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!

I haven't had health care, or been able to afford to see a doctor since December of 2007. I agree, health is important, and seeing a doctor is too, but when you can't afford to do so, using the internet to hear others thoughts on it, is better than nothing.

I once use to get rapid heartbeat every so often - would def scare me. I went to the doc - he could not see anythin wrong w/me. After some research my own - I started taking magnesium everyday & it went away.

Too much sodium or salt in your diet can cause this also. Less salt and more water

i can see and feel my heart beating in almost every part of my body. I play a lot of sports and I run track for school so im constantly doing cardio. i don't know why this is happening but it has been for about a year and i don't know what it is. help if you can please.

My heart beats so darn hard when I've been drinking. It scares the c**p out of me everytime. Drink more water!

According to a doc on the Internet Andrew Weil, it's caused by supraventricular tachycardia, a non-harmful, irregular heartbeat caused by alcohol, too much caffeine, chocolate and othe stimulants. He said red wine is a big culprit.

I'm 18 years of age, and when i was 10 i got superventricular tachichardia, and its not like this, SVT kicks off at any time and you really notice it, my heart went at like 200 bpm when it went off, i found a way of getting back to a regular heartbeat of course, (held my breath and tensed) worked fine :) but that isnt this, ive had two operations and now i dont have SVT i only get tiny episodes due to the operations. Now my heart is usually fine, i barely hear it or anything, but last couple of weeks... its been hard beating and i really don't know why, and all i think is it might be heart disease and im pretty scared...

5 possible Causes of Pulse in Ears
Have you ever had that experience of hearing your own pulse in your ears? Or somehow having that feeling of a beat happening as if your heart was placed inside your ears? Well, that is called Pulsating or Vascular Tinnitus. As most of you may be familiar with, tinnitus is that disorder or symptom of hearing noises in your ears. The noises vary and sometimes can come in a loud or low volume. Most of the common sounds heard would be a ringing in your ears, or a loud clicking sound. The hearing of your own pulse in your ear can also be considered as tinnitus and is given a specific name, Vascular Tinnitus. Now let us come to hear and consider the 5 Possible Causes of Pulse in Ears.

Cause No. 1. Infection in the middle ear or commonly known as “Chronic Inflammation”. When we speak of inflammation, it has something to do with an irritation as well as a swelling. Thus making the patient uneasy of such feeling. If inflammation happens, there is this increase of blood flow in the inflamed part or section of the body. Since the middle ear is swelling, there is increased blood flow in that specific territory. Thus explains the reason why we come to hear our own pulse. That is because, we can hear our own blood flow in the middle ear.
Cause No.2. Dysfunction of the Eustachian-tube. Such important part of the ear is the one connecting the middle ear to the upper throat. This tube functions as an airway passage to ventilate the middle ears and stabilize the internal and external air pressure. The dysfunction of such causes the person to hear a pulsating sound since the air or pressure is not evenly distributed.
Cause No. 3. Middle-ear effusion. If fluid of some kind like water is deposited inside the middle ear, this could lead to infection or Middle-ear effusion. If the fluid accumulates and stays behind the eardrum, vascular tinnitus may occur. If such has happened, you may experience a lower ability to hear, a feeling of pressure in your ear, and sometimes extreme pain. The pulsating sound is somewhat a symptom of Middle-ear effusion. Relief for ringing ears can be done by taking antibiotics or decongestants.
Cause No. 4. Arteriovenous malformations. This may sound somehow confusing because of all the scientific terms used. Well, to put it in lay man’s term, this simply means that Arteriovenous Malformations or AVMs are abnormal or not usual group of arteries and veins. They somehow occur in the cranial cavity which is very near the auditory nerve. Now, when these AVMs have blood flowing inside them, you can hear a pulsating sound since the AVM is near enough the auditory nerve to be felt and heard.Cause No. 5. Venous Hum. Pregnant women or anemic patients often have thyroid problems. Such problems increase the blood flow of the Jugular vein. Such vein travels from the brain back to the heart. So now if there is increased blood flow, you can hear a pulsating or humming sound because the Jugular vein somehow passes near the auditory nerve.
Although all of these are just early symptoms of what is really behind, there are medications or proven treatments for tinnitus or vascular tinnitus for that matter. It is just important to take note and observe on such possible causes.