I just turned 18 not too long ago, and I am extremely stressed uni student who gets little sleep. I woke up this morning and noticed that in between my heart beat intervals, I would hear a really loud thump (or lub or dub) . At first, I thought i was an irregular heart beat, but as the day progressed, the lub/dubs intervals became shorter and now my heart is just beating loudly all the time. At first, I diagnosed this as I wasn't getting enough sleep, but I got way less sleep in High school (about 5 hours a day) and I never had this problem. The only time my heart has been this loud is when I run or do extreme cardio. I thought maybe it was because I have been eating fast food lately, but I doubt. Also, I noticed that my body seems to be really dehydrated. I don't drink a lot of water to begin with, but lately I have been getting extremely thirsty, I keep drinking water, but like after only 10 minutes of drinking water, I immediately go pee, and like I pee it all out. This happens a lot, even when I don't drink water, I pee, and it tends to be clear. My lips are often dry and cracked, and I keep drinking water and putting on lip chap and nothing is happening. I get up several times in the night just to pee, and it's usually like a long...pee? So I don't know if all of these are related. I usually avoid seeing a doctor just because the line to see a doctor here is SO LONG, and you could end up waiting for 4 hours. If you could help me this would be great! Thanks for reading.

Hi! I get this quite often too. I found that it is very common to sense your heart beat while lying in bed - rarely is it anything serious, but certainly this sensation will be aggravated if your blood pressure is high. If your blood pressure is normal, it most likely is not a cause of concern. It may also be intensified by any heightened "catecholamine" release (for example, adrenaline) state, such as caffeine consumption, anxiety, fear, etc..