Every night, before I go to sleep, I feel heart beating through me so hard and strong
I think I’m having a heart attack and sometimes I even feel it during the day. I’ve told my doctor about this and he checked my heart out. The EKG, a Holter monitor and an echocardiogram are tests that cost me a fortune and he found nothing wrong with me. Could be this symptom of perimenopause?

A pounding heart or strong heart beat is the second most common complaint associated with perimenopause. Palpitations and pounding are caused by the same mechanism that brings on hot flashes, so most women who have palpitations experience hot flashes at the same time. Some find themselves with a racing heart, suddenly hot and jittery those are all similar signs of a panic attack. I am surprised that your doctor hasn’t considered this.

I saw this post today and found myself has the same condition. But I am a man (age 46) and has been having this condition for a long time. Does this mean I have another actual heart condition? What is this condition?

Can this happen to man? What does this indicate for a man with this condition?

hello everyone
i am adam and 25 years old. extremely fit.
i suffer the exact problem.
my heart beats so strong that if i had a blanket over me you could see the blanket move with my heart beat.
it comes and gose, it all started 2,3 years ago when i went through some extremely stressful time. i had given up on life.
after that i started to have these strong heart beat, it gets specially bad at night and it also makes me very irritated and it makes me hyperactive almost. i would feel very tired but can't sleep, the heart beat would just feel uncomfortable that it keeps me awake.
if you know anything please let me know.

recently someone said that i might have iron deficiency and since i started having more meat and iron this strong heart beat has come back.
please help if you know anything
thank you

hey guys. Im 13 years old, and i'm a sprinter for my school. I do 100m sprint, but no long distance.

I'm experiencing the same symptoms as everyone else and im extremly worried. I can feel the heart beat regulary, and if i take my shirt off, i can see my heart pumping through my chest, as if it's going to break through. If i quickly jog up some steps, when i get to the top, the hear beat becomes stronger, and once, i was leaning over and i could feel a puilse through my head. Another thing is, you know how, when your going to do something, like, run in an event, and your realy nervous because it's a competition? Well, i get that feeling, like, realy strong "Butterfiles in the Tummy" and i have it alot recently, but im not nervous or worried about anything. Please can you help, because i dont have a clue what's happening with me

Its ashame this hasn't been answered yet, its the only thing on the web I have found that relates exactly to my complaints. I dont feel like there could be anything wrong with me as I am only 20 years old :/. I have been smoking for seven years now though. For a while now (Probably about 2 years if not more) I can feel my heart pounding (actually watched my keychain thats around my neck bounce off my chest!) very hard, and as they say especially at night. It keeps me awake as well. Is this high blood pressure or something? Whats the deal, is it a heart problem? Is it common? Is it treatable? Someone with knowledge please answer us!

Well actually when your heart beat is strong, you have a good strong heart! Don't be afraid of it that's a good thing! Have you considered anxiety? I have it and I'm only 21. My heart will beat fast I'll get nervous and all that. Nothing serious!

I don't know what this is either. I am 35 year old fit woman (runner 40-50k/week). I have same symptoms as many of you including the 13 year old. I have low blood pressure (not serious). I do get anxiety sometimes - but this is not it. I have taken my pulse several times when I am feeling this monster heartbeat (like my heart is a very full blown balloon about to explode) and my heart rate is usually at or near resting (avg. 63bpm). I had an ECG in August as part of regular check up but I wasn't feeling this at that time - and the ECG was normal. I was wondering if this is a possible side-effect of over-training? Except that I want to step up the training and add more distance so am worried. I haven't found anything in any running websites. I just came back from lunch run and started feeling this around 6km of an 8k run. It is really uncomfortable like I am going to explode and pass out - except that my pace was not affected at all. Are we all just hypochondriacs?

This is a very old post but for anyone googling the topic and finding this like i did, ill add my little story.

I also have a very strong heartbeat, I think i've had it for years but have been focusing on it the last few months. I'm 22, 6 foot tall and 165 pounds. I don't do much exercise but that's never been a problem. I have PSVT which just means that once in awhile my heart rate will start going faster and then suddenly go back to normal, not life threatening in anyway. Anyways, i've had an Echo, a few EKG's, bloodtests and a chest X-ray, everything points to a clean bill of health. Someone mentioned thyroid possibly being a symptom and from what i've read that could possibly play a factor. My BP is 110/70 so its within normal range leaning a little low. I really think the most important thing to keep in mind is not to stress about it, if you're that worried go see a doctor and get some reassurance but do not risk sitting around focusing on it and giving yourself anxiety. Anxiety will cause more problems then you already have (which i've experienced). You can also look in to vitamin/mineral deficiencies such as Iron, B12, magnesium. Wish you all the best of luck and don't stress! ;-)

Im 25 years old and phisically fit this happens occasionally in bed after im awake i feel my heart beat strong i see my bangs moving and it feels like im getting out of air but feels good too feel like dying if it stay for an hour but it only happens for about 3 min

this can be a very annoying and upsetting condition. i am wishing you all well.

i would recommend searching/googling *premature ventricular contractions* (PVC). this is something i diagnosed myself with about 4 years ago. this is a completely benign condition (not serious) and millions of people experience it all the time. PVC seems to be more about the heart feeling like it skips a beat or that it has an extra beat. but many people (like myself) also experience a very strong beat, especially when laying down.

i feel like mine is even stronger if and when i exercise more/harder. every time i feel the skip or the really strong beat, i feel flush, and i feel like my whole head is pulsing, even when i am laying down to sleep. and many times this can cause a headache. once i stand upright, i don't feel it as strongly.

it is so annoying that i often have to elevate my head (to almost 45 degrees) to relax enough to sleep.

i have also tried to simply accept this condition and even appreciate it, and be grateful for it, because one thing it does do for me, is keeps me very present. every time i feel the skips/strong beats/flushes, i am reminded that i am alive, i am in the moment, i am an incredible being whose *motor-of-life* is very apparent and obvious (to me) and that even though we are fragile beings, we are miraculous and strong. i am constantly reminded that this tiny organ inside my body is only a few inches from the outside. it also reminds me to take care of it the best i can.

it sucks that most of our *doctors* don't know (or sometimes care) enough to help us. but i feel very lucky to live in a time where we have the whole world (internet) at our finger tips. unfortunately, this can also mean mis-diagnosis and mis-information. so please just take this info with a grain of salt and keep searching and researching and hopefully you can find the info you need to help you feel at ease, or to find a doctor who can help you. (i personally recommend eastern medicine docs or naturopaths).

take care,
julie

Hello everyone, I have read all of your posts and frankly I am sad that not a single doctor has made a post that can help us. About 6 years ago I experience my heavy heart beat as I was running playing in a basketball game. It happened once and it didnt come back until a year later. Ever since I have had this problem come and go once or twice a year. Recently this happened to me last week when I was running, and like always I thought it would go away until next year, but its been a week and whenever I am running for example, I feel the heavy heart beat coming. I am 27 and very active, and try to live a healthy life style, so I am very confused as to why. Anyways, wish every the best and a speedy recovery.

Mohammad

I, too, have had similar problems like this for awhile. Only at night would I have a strong heartbeat that keeps me awake and restless and keeps me with a very nervous feeling quite often. I am only 31, work out on a regular basis and take my vitamins. My tests come up all normal as well. I forget to take my vitamins in the morning and take them at night when I get home and have found that this has helped a lot. I take one in the morning and one at night and try to relax and this seems to do a fairly good job. I also go to the chiropractor as well and this also seems to help. Hope this can help some of you.

I'm 34 with the same symptoms. Plus I noted that it gets specially bad when I rest horizontal for more than an hour, regardless of being awake or not. In the last 2 months I kept awakening almost every other day at 2am-3am, and hardly got back to sleep. Now I try to have naps in the afternoon, possibly sitting on a sofa, where I don't need to lie horizontally. But that's not easy to set up, an resting armchair would probably be better.

It all started this summer. Had an echocardiogram which found a Mitral Valve Prolapse with regurgitation. Do this exam you all. The only cure seems to be drinking plenty of water, doing aerobic exercise regularly and avoid caffeine (so forget dark chocolate as well).