I was walking through a friends office yesterday and all of a sudden there was an intense pressure in my head and everything started going black, like literally I couldnt see anything for a couple seconds, I didnt pass out, everything just went black, I stopped walking as soon as I realised it was happening. as soon as I could see again, there was a hard beat and immediately my heart was beating so fast it felt like it was vibrating. I laid my hand on my chest and it felt like there was a vibrator on the other side of my chest bone. I walked to my friend and she felt it too... I felt like I couldnt catch my breath. so I sat down and started trying to count the beats to see how fast it was. and I couldnt, it was beating so fast that once I got to the two syllable numbers, I couldnt keep up with it. then right about the time I was going to tell them to call EMS it stopped, with one hard beat that hurt, and then another 2 seconds later and another 2 seconds after that. then it went to a normal-ish heartbeat but it was still beating at 132 bpm my chest was sore and the left side of my neck like where you would check your pulse was also sore. so I went to the ER and they checked my heart rate and it was 127 so they put me in a wheel chair and labeled my chart "should not wait". they got me back there and the doctor said that at my age (22) it wasnt possible for it to be anything serious. But they drew blood and did a chest xray because he said the only thing it could have been at my age was a pulmonary embolism. which it wasnt. they did notice that my heart rate while I was laying down was 73 bpm but as soon as I stood up it jumped to 117 and my blood pressure went up. They sent me home saying nothing was wrong with me. And gave me a paper saying that if any of these things happen return immediately. and on the list was rapid heart rate. I walked out of the hospital with a heart rate of 120! Now let me add some back story. about a year and a half ago, I started having wierd sensations in my heart, the ER did a holter monitor and they said I was having 6-7 PVC's an hour, and that sleeping my heart rate was 150. they did an ekg it was fine, they did an echo cardiogram and it came back normal too, but ever sense then I have episodes when my heart rate jumps to about 120-140bpm with me not doing anything strenuous that would warrant it to be that high, and its always coupled with the sensation that I cant catch my breath.

I dont like the fact that I am 22 and was sent home from the ER with them basically telling me it is normal for you everything to go black and for your heart to be beating so fast that it feels like a vibrator.

Does anyone have any ideas???

Sounds like my story except I am 52.  The doctors think it is hormones or an imbalance of them.  All I know is that after a couple of months, I still have no answers and I am on beta blockers.  I still have racing heart beats, palpatations and vibrations from my heart, chest pressure and now anxiety from fear I am going to have a heart attack and no one is going to find anything wrong AGAIN!!  This is crazy!

Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS)
Please look into it. Message me if you wish.

Take care,
B

Hey you most likely what I have. Either SVT or WPW which is Supra Ventricular Tachycardia or Wolf Parkinson's White. This is a mild heart condition, not considered too dangerous depending on how frequent and how long the episodes last. Anyways I get it only when I exert myself really strongly, like in ice hockey for example. What you said about how it stopped and you had like a weird tough/strong beat at the end and then it switched back to a normal beat mode is the key character that makes me think you have what I have. I call it a heart reset. When my heart resets after an episode of this (fast heart rate and you feel like c**p and also can slightly black out) it is good to sit down and control your breathing and wait for the reset to occur and you'll be ok. You can get something called a Cardiac Ablation to fix this problem, but be careful I went to have one, then needed a second cause it came back, and during the second ablation surgery my doctor accidentally stabbed a hole in my heart and I basically died and my heart was stopped for 4 minutes so then they had to do emergency open heart surgery on me and they saved my life. But after all that I still have the WPW/SVT problem : / But for some people one surgery (ablation) and there fixed perfectly again tho, I am a freak accident story that hadn't happened in like 10 years :(.