I too hear what I think is my heart beat in my left ear..It started several yrs ago with a swooshing sound,
About 4 week ago, changed to a heart beat sound. I can't hear well out of that ear now, I sound like I'm in a tunnel
It feels clogged. but my nose only feels clogged sometimes? I can't stand it, its driving me crazy...worse at night when I lie down to sleep

There is a serious condition that can cause your type of ringing in the left ear that sounds like a heart beat. It can be cause by an abnormal carotid artery. Don't wait, go see an ENT (ear, nose and Throat specialist) and they can further evaluate and determin what's going on.

Hi there, the symptoms you describe may be pulsatile tinnitus. Tinnitus (the ringing/beeping kind) is quite common, but pulsatile tinnitus (the kind of tinnitus that sounds like a heartbeat or pulsing sound) is less common. It's impt for you to see a doctor, but don't worry because there are many benign causes of this. And there are a lot of people out there who suffer from the same symptoms. Do a Google search for "whooshers" and you'll find more info.

Good luck

Hi there, can you tell me what to expect with something like this? I think I may actually suffer from it but I would like to have more information if you have any. Thanks!

I have the same

I have the same condition. Started a couple of years ago and has gotten worse. It's something that can drive you crazy! My suggestion is do not touch your ear! Do not put a q tip in it! Do not put your finger in your ear! Resist the temptation to touch your ear and see what happens. It has helped. Still there, the swooshing and pulsating but very low. Try this.