Lately I have been having this beating in my ear... Its a constant beating or should i say a whoshing sound... It gets on my dog on nerves anyone know what this may be...

Hi there! I know exactly the feeling you're talking about. I had the same thing five years ago. I talked to my doctor and he told me that my heart seemed fine and that it was probably acid reflux. I assumed that he was wrong due to the fact that, at the time I visited his office, my heartbeat wasn't beating in my ears and making my whole body seem to throb and I felt fairly normal. I made appointments with lot of doctors and had a lot of tests done to find the cause of this. They all told me that my heart looked fine. One other thing that was happening around that time was that at night, just as I was about to nod off, I would get jolted awake by the feeling like I had forgot to take a breath. I still get that feeling once in a while, and I still have no clue what that's about. Anyway, back to the heartbeat, after all the tests they ran, I think it was the sleep specialist that repeated my doctors suggestion that it was acid reflux. He explained that acid reflux causes your esophogus to swell (especially when you are lying down) and that swelling cause things to get crowded in your chest cavity, giving the sensation of a pounding, noisy heartbeat. But there are likely to be other possible causes, so you should talk to your doctor about your symptoms. It also helps to cut out caffeine, nicotine and alcohol. I hope this will help you.

Most likley you have Tinnitus..Go see an ENT and see if you have any crustations on your ear drum. They are the only ones who have the proper equipment to see what really in there.