I had colorectal cancer two years ago, I had a low anterior resection surgery removing some of my rectum. I have soft stool sometimes and
have bowels movements about four time a day, I take immodium. What is the long timer effect on taking immodium or is there something else I can take

Burnese

Imodium doesn't really have long term effects on the body, although if you have liver problems then you should avoid taking it. It's a fairly gentle drug and doesn't have long term effects like a lot of drugs do so you should be okay with taking it. I hope that this helps and that you're coping with your symptoms well.

HOping someone else replies to your question as I, too have had a resection. A j pouch in place of my colon and am really attmepting to not take immodium however, if not then leakage occurs. Looking for osmething natural - I only take 2 a day but, this has been going on for 10 years! Good luck and thanks!