HELLO,

ON 4/10/2010 I HAD 12 INCHES OF MY BOWEL REMOVED DUE TO DIVERTICULITES, AFTER THE SURGERY I WAS IN AND OUT OF THE HOSPITAL APPROX 8 WEEKS SOMETIMES A WEEK AT A TIME WITH INFECTIONS AND BLOC.KAGES......I DEVELOPED A LARGE HYRNIA IN MY STOMACH AROUND THE AREA AFTER A YEAR AND IN APRIL OF THIS YEAR HAD A 12 INCH INCISION AND THE HYRNIA REPAIRED, INSTEAD OF USING MESH IT WAS FIXED THE OLD FASHIONED WAY.  SINCE I HAD THE ORIGINAL SURGERY I HAVE HAD A HORRBILE PAIN IN MY LOWER STOMACH TO THE LFT OF MY BELLY BUTTON.  I HAVE HAD 2 COLONOSCOPYS SINCE AND THEY ARE NORMAL, INCLUDING 1 TODAY.  THE PAIN IS HORRIBLE, SITTING DOWN AND LAYING ON MY STOMACH, I AM ALMOST CERTIAN IT IS WHERE THE ORGINAL BOWEL RESECTION WAS BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO, I CAN'T GET ANY PAIN MEDS BECAUSE NO ONE BELIEVES ME.......I AM WONDERING IF ANYONE ON THIS FORUM HAS EXPIERANCED THIS OR HAS ANY IDEAS ABOUT WHAT TO DO?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

ERHALT1

I had a bowel resection in 2012.  Then after breast cancer surgery in March and radiation in July 2013, I began having horrible pain on right side near where they removed my cecum for cancer.  I've had every test available including recent endoscopy and colonoscopy and they don't see anything.  Meantime, I have horrible pain, severe nausea, diarreha, etc. and feel absolutely ill.  I have diverticulosis, but my doctor doesn't think this is what is giving me all this pain and nausea on my right side. They tested my liver, pancreas, gallbladder, every organ in the area...nothing.  I have stomach burning too, but the endoscopy showed nothing abnormal. They don't see a hernia either. I feel so sick  that I want to go to the hospital, even knowing they will just say there is nothing wrong with me.  I suffer like you without a diagnosis and help.  I read so many posts of people in pain after bowel resections whose doctors can't find a reason for their pain and suffering. I'm still searching for answers. I know this doesn't help you much, just know I feel your frustration and pain.  Keep going to find a solution.

are you any better? having similar problems....

Hello...I have had 14 " of my Sigmund colon removed from repeated attacks of diverticulitis. Hospital stays. It was a elective surgery. The antibiotics and feeling ill all the time seemed most logical. That was April 2014. I had what was going to be a laparoscopic turned into a 12" open scar. The recovering was hard for me. Had a infection 8 weeks out. Also developed pancreatitis in the hospital. Unfortunately I have problems metabalizing pain medicine. I knew this going in but they tried a little pain meds. but made me sick. It was difficult to go through the recovery process without pain meds. Fast forward it has been almost a year since the resection. I developed pain nothing like I had prior to surgery. It hurts near my bellybutton and down the left side. Radiates to my back. Off and on diarreaha to consipation.This comes on whenever. They can last a day or two. Its started 3months ago. Off and on and now once week. I have been to my surgeons the Gi doc the ER. CT, Endoscopy, labs.All is NORMAL! This pain will knock me down at times it hurts to stand straight up. My surgeon to some basic lower gi films today and labs. The nurse called and said the doc said everything is normal, so he doesn't know why your having pain. To keep doing what your doing! Hello!!!! Im doing what being in pain! It just is depressing. I really like my doctor. I think sometimes he doesn't believe me. I hate this pain. It was such a major surgery and recovery. To think I cant find the source of the pain nor nothing is showing. Im grateful dont get me wrong. Just want this chapter in my life to resolve or at least ease up. Sometimes I think if doctors dont see it on paper its not there. And your credibility with him or her sums it up to. Not her again....I can only pray things change for the better....

Hello ive also had 18 inches of bowel removed due to perforated appendix.Ifeel i have been let down by medical staff as i had been suffering a long time with tummy pain and even the paramedic said it was a water infection.This he diagnosed without taking a water sample!Since the op in2013 i have had pain in my right side and have seen five different doctors ,four have said it was adhesions .The fifth one didnt know what was wrong.Since then i have had left sided pain and was told this is now diverticuli disease not diverticulitis.Ialso have had toilet problems going at least six times a day until i was given something to stop the runs but i feel after taking it for over a year this is causing the pains in my stomach.If i dont take it im in the bathroom most of the day, so it looks as though i have this for life the same as all you other people all we can do is carry on and try to make our doctors understand us even after being told it could be all in my mind!

I had an amount of my colon removed and appendix all in the right side due to diverticulitis. I've had nothing but constipation and some diarrhea here and there. Mostly constipation, where I have to take stool softnere or senekot a natural laxative. My surgery was May 25,2015 and I still have pain on my right side. Gas and bloating. I have the best doctor and all my ct scans show normal. I'm going for a colonoscopy in April to see what's going on.... I'm really scared. I hope it's not serious. I dunno what else to do... Anyone else gone thru this?

Yes. I had my colectomy July 2015 and I can't get fully recovered. As soon as I do anything, especially if it involves reaching, lifting etc. my mid-section hurts with the slightest touch. Even the touch of my clothing hurts. I have to protect my abdomen from my 8 pound dog, my child's hugs because of the pain. If I am completely still, I have no pain. It either needs touched or doing certain activities to hurt.

I've been suffering with trapped gas and bloating after having the exact same surgery. Went to the dr last week and was prescribed protonix which seems to be helping a lot right now. I was told not to drink sodas, coffee or tea. Seems the difficulties after my surgery have been never ending.

Thanks for the first time I feel like I'm not alone! I had surgery six months ago and I can't get the doctors to listen. I go through bouts of constipation and diarrhea (ain't that just special), extreme stomach pain, tenderness where they did the resection, and no one believe me that it's seriously as bad as it was before the surgery. If anyone knows / has ideas on how to approach the Drs about this, any advice would be great. Thanks so much, and big blessings to you all.

I had the same surgery 0ct 2014. Suffered for a year later with same symptoms I had before my surgery. My GI Dr is amazing, insisted it was scar tissue sent me back to the surgeon. Had Surgery dec 2015 loaded with scar tissue. Removed and one week later I felt amazing. Now four months later pain and diarrhea back, the problem each time they remove scar tissue more grows back. Not sure what's next for me. Good luck

I had surgery March 2015 for a small bowel resection this is the fourth surgery. I had a ct scan in August of 15 and it showed a thickening and narrowing in the same place where I had my March surgery. The report said it was secondary to adhesians. Now I have been suffering with pain on my bellybutton and to the left. The pain is a pulling so intense when sitting for a long period of time and when laying down on my right side. By laying on my right side the pulling is on the left side and it takes my breath away then I have to lay on my back. GI says adhesians but do have inflammation. Yes adhesians do grow every time you have another surgery. I have Crohn's disease and am sick of it. Does anyone have these same symptoms of the pulling. God speed to all .

I had this same problem turns out I had a hernia (which i was told was very common after laproscopic resection)plus I had a gallbladder that was inflamed got those repairs and now I am having stomach issues of feeling bloated and hard no matter if I eat a small amount or a larger amount. Hurts to move around or bend. Searching for answers too.

I'm going thru this now. I don't think there is an answer. Everything I read says the scar tissue will come back. Do you have the scar tissue surgically removed each time?

Hey its me update. 9/ 15/16. Still battle same ossues. Crazy! Im bow at the Mayo Clinic in Florida. Just had a er vis it lastnight. Ct and labs. All normal was being treated for diverticulitis. Bit ct and labs don't match up. Discontinued my antibiotic. Yay! I debeloved thrush from. Ugh. Now my gi doc says. Maybe your colon is kinked and the join area? So ultrasound will be scheduled soon. I have good days and not so good and very bad. As time goes on it almost seems tgis is it. Chronic pain. But the problem with our surgery, it leaves with when we have pain. Is it an obstruction, diverticulitis, or some dangers siuation. I can live with pain. But the feeling the doc give us. Cat scan! Emergency! I just want peace I'm tired sometimes. Then I brush myself off and move forward. ...Thats all we can do.

Above sorry I'm sunnskies