I noticed have a lump on the left lower side a of my pelvic area. I thought is was a hernia, but my doctor said it does not seem to be a hernia. He said it may be a tendon of muscle strain. However, I can move the lump as if it was hernia. I don't have any pain, but when I sneeze or cough, it seems like it is comming out of the place I pushed it into. Are these symptons normal for a tendon or muscle strain and is this normal?

I have a related condition.I went to my family Physician and was diagnosed without a cat scan and then I went to the emergency room and the doctor thought it was a femoral hernia also. I had a CAT scan and blood work and both came back normal. I have to go to a specialist/surgeon Friday the 19th to actually find out what this lump is. Nobody knows what it is so i'm in the same boat. I will post Friday when i return with my info because you sound like u have the same thing except mine is painful.