i have a lump between my inner thigh and groin and it hurt when i walk or try to sit down. it appeared there a couples of days ago and it hurts really bad. i dont want to go to the doctor becasue i dont know if i need to or not buti just want to know what it is so i can figure out what to do. if anybody has had this before please feel free to reply back. Thankz

Just wondering if you have any answers on this lump yet. Turns out that I have one in the same place. I just noticed it 2 days ago and it's beginning to hurt pretty bad when I sit down.
Thanks

I just noticed one a few days ago as well, why isn't anyone on here helping with this?

I have the same problem,please let me know if it is serious,do I need to see a Dr.?

I have this as well..can somebody please reply..

are you kidding me right now? go to the freakin doctor if thats not goin away.

that is where your lymph nodes are. if there swollen and they hurt for more than two weeks go to a doctor.

It is very likely it is a boil. Had them before and had to get them lanced. They tend to come up around the gland areas.

I have the same thing but it isn't a boil. It's like a lump that's 2" by 1" and its soft and leg aches when moving around. Anyone know what it could be?

i also have this - it doesn't hurt though

Hiadradenitis Supperativa? Probably not, but maybe.

heyy
i have just found a lump on my innner thigh aswell..
im really scared its saw and wen i walk it hurts...
im scared but dont wont to go to the doctor....
can anyone help me please??

yeah.
i have this same problem and im wondering why no body is responding!
it hurts when i walk. sit. stand. even move.
my left thigh used to hurt and i started to get a fever!
a day later it went away.
the next nite! it started to hurt on both sides!
i don't think its a boil because i think it would've popped out by now..
don't you think?
please ! somebody help!!
-her

yes i have the same thing on my right side i went to doc and omg very painful to tears she put me on antibiotics and pain med had it for 2 days when went to doc now its been a day later and pain is worse spose would of helped to take pain med silly me so took it and better alittle back to see her in a week so i will take my med and see her again fingers crossed that thats all it is because had a boil there before years ago and not nice when pops but will let you know how i go

What is a lipoma?

A lipoma is a growth of fat cells in a thin, fibrous capsule usually found just below the skin. Lipomas are found most often on the torso, neck, upper thighs, upper arms, and armpits, but they can occur almost anywhere in the body. One or more lipomas may be present at the same time. Lipomas are the most common noncancerous soft tissue growth.
What causes a lipoma?

The cause of lipomas is not completely understood, but the tendency to develop them is inherited. A minor injury may trigger the growth. Being overweight does not cause lipomas.
What are the symptoms of a lipoma?

Lipomas usually:

* Are small [0.4 in. to 1.2 in.] and felt just under the skin.
* Are movable and have a soft, rubbery consistency.
* Do not cause pain.
* Remain the same size over years or grow very slowly.

Often the most bothersome symptom is the location or increased size that makes the lipoma noticeable by others.
How are lipomas diagnosed?

A lipoma can usually be diagnosed by its appearance alone, but your health professional may want to remove it to make sure the growth is noncancerous.
How are lipomas treated?

Lipomas do not generally require treatment. Because lipomas are not cancerous growths and cannot become cancerous, they do not need to be removed. There is no known treatment to prevent lipomas or affect their growth.

A lipoma may be surgically removed if symptoms develop, such as if the lipoma:

* Becomes painful or tender.
* Becomes infected or inflamed repeatedly.
* Drains foul-smelling discharge.
* Interferes with movement or function.
* Increases in size.
* Becomes unsightly or bothersome.

Most lipomas can be removed in the doctor's office or outpatient surgery center. The doctor injects a local anesthetic around the lipoma, makes an incision in the skin, removes the growth, and closes the incision with stitches (sutures). If the lipoma is in an area of the body that cannot be easily reached through a simple incision in the skin, the lipoma may need to be removed in the operating room under general anesthesia.
Who is affected by lipomas?

Lipomas occur in all age groups but most often appear in middle age. Single lipomas occur with equal frequency in men and women. Multiple lipomas occur more frequently in men.