I am a 25 year old male and im a little bit concerned about a pain i am getting in my lower left abdomen and thought i'd ask if anyone has had similar experiences or feelings.

It all started a few months ago and ever since then has got gradually worse. I wouldn't describe the pain as really bad, just a little bit uncomfortable. It seems to be worse when i am lying flat or sat at my desk at work, also when i was sweeping the back garden. Some days i can hardly feel it and others it is worse. Also the pain reflects down to my left testicle (the tubes at the back more so)

It all started about 5 months ago with the pain in my left testicle so went to the doctors, he gave me some tablets and it went away. I thought at this point it was sport related as i started doing lots of exercise at the start of the year.

Then around 4 months ago in May it came back but in my lower left abdomen aswell, at first i thought it may have been sports related as i was playing a lot of football, something which i hadn't done for 6 years!! Then went it still hadn't gone away after 3 months i thought i'd better go back to the doctors.

The first doctor i saw examed my stomach and testicles and asked me to do a urine sample for blood, which come back clear. The 2nd said that he thought it was a pull from sport. Have some tablets and if it was still like it in 2 - 3 weeks come back.

Now 3 weeks on the pain is still there and is worse than ever i have just booked an appointment for next week bit and im a bit worried.

any advice or thoughts?

I am middle aged male. I have been experiencing deep lower left intermitent groin pain also. With this pain I am experiencing a feeling of bloating(although physically not bloated) and a band of pain along my lower stomach area. I lift heavy weighs and jog regularly. I thought the pain was sports related also. I find that I cannot drink a full cup of tea or eat as much as usual.I have visited my doctor no luck he says could be IBS or colon spasm. He subscribed Buscopan & Nurofen and neither work.He did not send me for any tests and does not seem concerned. these symptoms may not be the same as yours but either way it is worrying.

Thanks for the advice. It doesn't sound similar to yours as i have never experienced bloating, well not to the extent of not being able to finish a drink or meal.

Got the Dr's this evening so see what happens, just got a feeling i am not going to be referred to the hospital, therefore probably be sat here with the same concern in a few weeks

I seem to maybe have something similar. About 4 months ago, I experienced a different pain that came on slowly over a few days in my lower left abdomen. Then, I came down with bad fever one day and the pain got worse. I went to the doctor and he said the only thing he could think of was a mild case of deverticulitis. He prescribed an antibiotic and within 24 hours everything was better. About a week later I started getting a very different pain, but in about the same place.

That pain has become worse over the last few months and seems to be worse when sitting at my desk or laying down in the bed at night.

The pain in my lower left abdomen is not that intense, but very bothersome. Feels like a mild burning sensation along with a bit of bloating - almost feels like there is something in there although I can't feel anything when rubbing the area. Maybe its gas or something - but again, it's only on the left side.

Also - sometimes the pain goes down into my left testicle, and within the last week I have started to experience lower back pain on BOTH SIDES.

I'm thinking that I should probably go in for a colonoscopy as I have never had one. Not that I should have - I'm only 39 years old, and in very good physical health. I water ski competitively, and it does not bother me AT ALL when I'm skiing.

Would be interested to know if anyone else has expereinced anything like this.

Thanks!
Larry

I too have had similar pain/ache that comes and goes along my left groin down into my varicocele. I had a scortal ultasound, which came back "negative" for anything worrisome. I would recommend having an ultrasound since it's inexpensive (a few hundred dollars) even if you do not have health incurance.

The utlrasound can look for problems often related to such pain, like an inguinal hernia, testicular masses and cancer. I was relieved not to have any of these issues, but it's always best to have it done if only to help you sleep at night.

Also: For anyone else that might have a varicocele with associated pain I'd be curious to know about your experience/diagnosis. I was diagnosed with one some 20 years ago and only just recently started having transient pain in that area.

Best to everyone.

I was searching for help for myself on google when I came across this page. I seem to have the exact same symptoms as the topic creator, from the testicular pain, to the inconsistency, to the irritation caused by sitting upright at a desk or table. What we may both be suffering from, I think, is a sports hernia, a condition, it seems thatt is often misdiagnosed as a strained muscle or something else. I'm due for an appointment shortly and I plan to ask my doctor if he knows anything about the condition. Tell me, do you ever get a sharp stingng pain after physical activity that may involve sharp twisting motions like heavy swimming?

Hi, I am a 35 year old woman who recently went through severe left sided pain (very similar to the original poster, however mine was acute and worsening). A trip to the emergency room, many many tests and finally a CT scan showed diverticulitis. I was prescribed antibiotics. After 7 day treatment I felt better, then 4 days after that I was back in the ER with acute pain. The infection never cleared up. 13 more days on antibiotics. Now here I am a week after being antibiotic free. Still have discomfort sporadically throughout the day in lower left ab., but also lower back (both sides), and lower center/right ab. Not sure what is going on. I am schedules for a colonoscopy in 6 weeks- hopefully that will give answers.

I'm a 30 yr old male suffering from the same symptoms in my left groin area. The pain is usually dull and feels like something is applying pressure to my lower abdomen/groin area. Sometimes it radiates down lower into my testes. It seems to be getting progressively worse and more constant. After researching on line, my best guess is a hernia although I cant find any noticeable lumps. Going to Doc in a couple days. Will post his diagnosis ASAP.

I was in the hospital for 10 days recently after experiencing the same pain in the lower left abdomen as many of you have posted here. The diagnosis was immediate, diverticulitis. Now here I am, a couple of weeks later after getting out of the hospital, and I am still experiencing the pain. In fact, today, it has been worse then ever. My doctor did a CT scan of me last week and it showed that things are improving, but I wouldn't know it by how I'm feeling. My doctor doesn't think I need surgery since things look better now than they did when I was in the hospital, but I'm concerned and very discouraged that the pain is still with me and is in fact worsening.

Hello Im, Male 21, I am having these same symptoms in my lower back and front abdomen muscle and left testical all these started arising 4 days ago and i think i have put to much strain on my body before hand by taking the stairs at my friends house 4 steps at a time striding too fast also jumping 10 sets of stairs then the same night tred falling off a step that i thought was normal size but was large i hope u know what im talking about.
anyway would this be my case i have injuryed my self?

The discussion seems to describe my abdominal pain too. It all started few weeks back. I worked out for abs on the evening. I was walking back home pain started in the lower left abdomen. I could not walk much, went home lied down for 30 min, pain was gone. But this pain is reoccur rent if I walk or run for more than 15 minutes in the hot weather and it will be relieved immediately if I rest (either sit or sleep). Not sure what is the reason?
Need some suggestions, please help me.

Hi

2 weeks ago i started having the same symptoms (left hand side groin pain leading to testicle) which also included a bloated feeling, lack of appetite, light headednes resulting in me throwing up on one occasion. I felt very lethargic and just wanted to lay down after arriving home from work. At first i thought it might be a kidney stone as i had experienced one before on this side but after a while I started to discount this theory as the pain was different and always in the same place. A visit to the doctors was a waste of time as all he could suggest was a kidney stone and took a urine sample. Needless to say the sample turned out to be clear and when I went back for the results I had been clear of pain for around 36 hours. His diagnosis was - possible grit in my urinary tract and I need to drink plenty of water. I had been free of pain for 48 hours until this afternoon when it came back with a vengeance. The only difference between today and the past 2 days is prolonged physical work. I have been cutting grass, carrying extension ladders around cleaning windows etc etc. This seems to tie in whith other postings that the cause of pain is related to physical work? (unless of course it is coincidental) If this is true then the doctors would have something to go on. I have taken 2 x 500mg Co-codomol tablets and the pain is now receding to an acceptable level. Hope this is of help and will update if I find out anything else.

I have the same symptoms that everybody else described. I had an abdominal CT and it was negative. I went to see a hernia specialist and he said the tissue connecting my abdominal wall was soft and that was more than likely the cause of my pain. I had the same symptoms that everyone described: pain in the lower left abdomen, testicular pain, etc. I also had diverticulitis when I was 33 which was kinda unusual for a young guy. The pains feel differently to me. Diverticulitis was more of an actual pain whereas the thing I feel now is more of a burning sensation that oddly enough goes away when I move around, and seems to hurt more when I am sitting at my desk.

The hernia specialist said he could do an operation to probably fix the pain--it was up to me. At this point, I am going to live with it until it becomes a lifestyle change. I hope this helps.

Is it a annoying pain not really hurting, but more like you feel it here and there more sometimes than others? I have worked out on my abs and believed I had pulled something lower left abdominal pain, but I never had it checked. the pain over time has gotten to be less and less but I still feel the vague pain here and there....

So what is the verdict, anyone find out what it is?

Reply to: _[removed]_