Hello all. I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but here goes. I'm gonna try to be as detailed as possible. My wife has a lump located at the very bottom of her lower left chest area. It is about at the bottom rib, just above her abdomen. It is causing quite a bit of pain. She first noticed something a little over a month ago when she got a small red bump there. It looked like a bug bite, and burned. I'm not sure if this is related to her current pain, or if it is a coincidence. The pain from the bump faded, but you can still see the spot. About a week and a half ago, she started having pretty severe pain. We thought it was abdominal, and I suggested she go to the doctor. She didn't want to, and waited a week or so. She then noticed the pain was radiating from a lump just under the skin, and made a doctors appointment. He checked her out, and said he didn't really know what it was. He ran blood work, and had X-rays done. He also said he believed it was a tumor, as it was hard and would move some under the skin. The blood work was done Friday, and we haven't heard anything yet. They wouldn't give us the blood work results, saying they wanted to review the X rays and compare them both first. We are getting pretty worried, though we were worried to start with. Any ideas on what this may be? Should we be worried at this stage. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

This sounds like a case for professionals so your wife must not miss a chance to do all the tests and examinations that are necessary. As this lump is painful, I guess it should be biopsied as well. Well, the doctor will tell.
When I first read this post, I thought she might have the same problem like my dad had a few months ago, but he had a painless lump instead, it was a sort of a fat tissue that had been accumulated under his skin, so at first I thought this might be what your wife has, but then I when I thoroughly read I realized her lump is painful, on contrary. How big is it, anyways? When my father noticed it, it was very small, lets say pea sized. But as the time was passing, it was getting bigger and bigger and in the end he had to go to the surgery to have it gotten out. Now he got another lump in his back and this one is fastly progressing, I think he would have to have another surgery.
Whatever your wife has, you don’t any longer, do everything it takes, it’s better to diagnose it at the early stage, right?
If you ever happen to grab a chance, I would like to know more about your wife’s case. Thank you.

what has always been told to me is ....if it hurts its not cancer if it doesnt it is because cancer sneakes up on us ....im having same thing but havent went to dr yet...mine dont hurt till i lay down or i touch it to see if its still there and yes it is...and getting larger....