I was stretching [not exercise related, but from being tired] and now when I have just stopped, i have got a really painful pain around my stomach area, behind my belly button and around it. It hurts when i breath in and out, and is making me feel quite sick, like i want to vomit? It happened really suddenly, literally the moment i stopped stretching. Can you pull muscles in your stomach? have i done this? It is really painful!!!

Did anyone reply to this as I have the same thing!

Funny that, as I have this problem too, I was training on the nintendo Wii and right behind my belly buttom is a right dull ache pain shooting sensation, I dont think its anything more than a pulled/strained muscle in your abdominals.

:-)

Be safe!!

Actually, I was playing wii fit and am having similar pains in my stomach after doing half an hour of yoga.

HAHA! Same thing with me! I was playing Wii Fit, and.. Well it's a bearable pain, juss hurts when I move a certain way.

o.O OMG simmilar thing happened to me i was on the trampoling doing a somersault then when i stopped i got pain behind my belly button anyone know what to do %-) 8)

I just got one by stretching in bed! It kind of hurts. Wonder when it'll go away... :-(

I HAVE SOMETHING! EUREKA! I got this off of something like

What is an abdominal muscle strain?
    An abdominal muscle strain, also called a pulled abdominal muscle, is an injury to one of the muscles of the abdominal wall. A muscle strain occurs when the muscle is stretched too far. When this occurs the muscle fibers are torn. Most commonly, a strain causes microscopic tears within the muscle, but occassionally, in severe injuries, the muscle can rupture from its attachment.

The abdominal wall is made up of several muscles. These include:

o Rectus Abdominis: the muscle over the front of the belly-this muscle give people a "six-pack" appearance when the rectus is well developed.
    o Internal and External Oblique: the obliqes wrap around the sides of the body.

What are the symptoms of an abdominal muscle strain?
    Abdominal muscle strains usually cause immediate pain in the area of the injured muscle. It can be hard to flex the muscle because of this pain. The other common symptom is muscle spasm of the injured muscle. Less commonly, swelling and brusing can result from the muscle injury.

Abdominal muscle strains are graded according to the severity of the injury:

* Grade I (Mild): Mild discomfort, often no disability. Usually does not limit activity.
    * Grade II (Moderate): Moderate discomfort, can limit ability to perform activities such as crunches or twisting movements.
    * Grade III (Severe): Severe injury that can cause pain with normal activities. Often patients complain of muscle spasm and bruising.

What is the treatment for a pulled abdominal muscle?
    Treatment of abdominal muscle injuries is difficult--there is no way to splint the abdomen and it is nearly impossible to fully rest these muscles. That said, the most important step after sustaining an abdominal muscle strain is to allow the muscle to cool down and allow the inflammation to subside. Avoiding exercise to allow the injured muscle to heal is important. Activities that cause pain or spasm of the abdominal muscles should be avoided.

Gentle stretching is helpful, but it should not be painful. Stretching excessively can be harmful, and slow the healing process. Apply ice to the injured area in the acute phase (first 48 hours after injury), and then after activities. Before activities, gentle heating can help to loosen the muscle.

For more information:
    Know when to ice and when to heat an injury

To add to all others postings I also spent many days doing my daily routine working out on WII Fit doing Yoga and a couple weeks or month later I noticed this bump right above my belly button, so during my monthly Dr. check up's for my back I asked the Dr. about it and It was abdominal wall Hernia, so there inturn had to see a surgeon, who within 1 week had to repair it because it was actually the size of a baseball inside my tummy! Not a fun surgery or recovery, I have not been able to do my WII Fit since an it has been about 2 months since the surgery and I am starting to feel like it is coming back even though I have done nothing to strain it. So check with your Drs on whether or not it is indeed a Hernia because they can cause great pain if not treated as well as internal bleeding.

Hope this was Helpful

KPeters :$

jst hav bed restt !

i see something in common with all of you; wii fit. jk i have the same problem. if you can feel something poking out like a bump on your smoche, it could b a henia. but otherwise its mostly just a pulled or strained muscle

hi, just wondering if anyone has done something to their hip with the wii? seems i have noticed some hip pain not constant but just a shot of pain every once in a while. i think it may have been the baseball , just curious if anyone else experienced this. thanks

I pulled the side ab all the way up under my armpit, by my own stupidity but i was wondering when the pain would stop.

i have the same problem :-( did it during a p.e lesson, and my stomach is extreamly bloated, it's at least 2 times bigger. and hard :S it hurts to move about, the pain comes from behind my belly button and is very pain full :-( someone please tell me what could be wrong...

Yeah, i was doing some standing long jumps in weight training the other day and when i did it hurt the spot of my stomach just to the right of my belly button. Its been two days and it still causes pain when it's moved or if slight pressure is applied. Having a cold in the process doesn't help since every cough jostles the muscle :-P