Hey guys. I really need your help. I am going to be looking after someone with lupus nephritis. I am a registered nurse but I don’t know a lot about the treatment guidelines of autoimmune disorders. Could you post up some information please, so that I am informed before I get to this patient? General suggestions on do’s and don’ts with lupus patients are also welcome.

Protein leakage is usually limited by Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors in lupus nephritis patients, and they help with bloddpressure issues experienced by many lupus nephritis too. Apart from that, their treatment may well include Angiotensin II receptor blocker drugs and steroids or other immuno suppressants. For those who fail to make progress with medicinal and dietary treatments, more serious interventions such as dialysis may be necessary. I hope that is what you were looking for?

Thank you, that is indeed what I wanted to know. I am not sure about this lady yet. Do you know the percentages on how many lupus sufferers need dialysis? And do you know if lupus can actually go into remission, or is it something that needs to be constantly treated? I know that some autoimmune disorders can go into remission, hence the question. Thank you.