Hello! I am 32 years old and it is diagnosed that I have lupus nephritis. I am not feeling well, and my kidneys are in very bad condition. I am worried for my life and I want to ask you following: how fatal is lupus nephritis? Please be honest with me, because I must know the truth. I am thanking you in advance!

Hello! I am very sorry because you are suffering from this disease. I know that you are living very hard part of life now. Unfortunately, I can tell you that there is possibility to have more serious problem with your kidneys. As you know they will work less efficient more and more – until stopping. So, you will probably face with dialysis. Looking at the long run this can be fatal….

my lil cousin had nephritis at 9 and up..it got bad for him and they siad he would not live...he hated the sterioids and treatments....he's over 25 now and has a perfect wife and 2 healthy kids and no nephritis....never give up ...it dont matter if you feel like it...God can and will heal when he is asked with a humble and contrite heart...and if not he will give you strength to deal with it...may god be with you

ddb

can you please tell me when you were diagnosed with LUpus?
My girlfriend was diagnosed 4 yrs back , can she develop lupus nephritis in future??

Hi Audry,
I was diagnosed with Lupus Nephritis at the age of 38. When they found out i had it, my kidneys were very bad, they said i was 2 weeks away from complete kidney failure and dialysis. I was treated immediately with steroids and chemo. It is 4 years later and my kidneys are about 80% operational. I am fine, and you will be too if treated by good doctors. I am fortunate enough to live near Boston, have a Nephrologist who is up on the latest treatments, and a rheumatologist who is very caring.

I would suggest learning as much as you can...Cellcept, plaquinel, blood pressure and cholesterol. Only you will be your best health advocate.

Good luck

Hi Iv just turn 20 and I was diagnosed with nephritis when I was 14yr, 4 months after my father pasted away with Kidney Cancer, so as you can imagine i thought the worse (Cancer). It started off with lower back pains and then blood in my urine. I went for heaps of test back in New Zealand and saw a kidney specialist once a year to monitor it. I have just moved to Australia and im doing all the test s all over again since i haven't seen a doctor in 2years. I must admit hearing the new the second time around hit me hard more older and a bit wiser. I do regret that i was a massive alcohol drinker at a very young age and hope that didnt have any addition to my kidney problems. I am trying to change my life style to a more healthy one. I think what helps me is that iv have a very supporting family and a positive attitude, even when I do feel scared about my condition i think about how would feeling scared solve anything. Sorry audry634 that this doesnt answer your question but i just wanted to talk to people in the same situation.