I have gotten a morning erection everyday that I can remember, and all of a sudden I haven't had one in five days. Also I normally masterbate atleast every other day and I haven't done so in about 5 days. Not that I couldn't do it I just haven't felt the need to, and I normally feel the need everyday. I know morning erections are to stop you from peeing, but I haven't changed my drinking or peeing habits at all. Is something wrong with me?

I get that too at the minute,
And The other night i couldn't keep it up for my girlfriend!
The week before was the best she'd ever had, but then, on the friday and on the saturday, I couldn't keep it up!
Although I did get it up on the saturday, it was only like half an hour before she had to leave, so we only went at it for half an hour,
I think the fact that I've had a cold/flu thing for three weeks might have been detrimental, but the Friday night certainly raped my confidence. Erectile disfunction is not something that an 18 year old should have to worry about!
For everyone else who this has happened to- Chin up lads, the more you think about it the more you'll worry and ruin it for next time you try!

hi
Many young men, and even some older ones who haven’t found the right people to ask, are curious about morning erections. Most men have the experience, with some regularity, of waking up in the morning with an erection.

What Is A Morning Erection?
Morning erections, colloquially referred to as "morning wood" and scientifically defined as nocturnal penile tumescence (NPT) are a healthy and normal physiological response that most men experience. Morning erections would be better described as the tail end of a series of nighttime erections, as they are just the last erection in a series.
On average a healthy male will have between three and five erections in a full night sleep, with each erection lasting between 25 -35 minutes.

Causes of Morning Erections
It is a common myth that morning erections are caused by a full bladder. This is untrue. While the reason for morning erections is unknown, we do know that the erections are closely associated with REM sleep (the time in the night when you dream and brain activity changes). These erections are also associated with an increase in heart rate. It isn’t known for sure if the erections are a result of the other physiological changes, more research is required. One guess is that these erections are the bodies way of making sure everything is in good working order.
Lack of Morning Erections
Early research on morning erections did not find a difference in the morning erections of older men when compared to those of younger men. More recent research has shown a gradual decline in morning erections (some show just a decrease in the rigidity and length of time of an erection and not the frequency of getting erections).
One of the reason morning erections attracted the interest of researchers was as a tool to rule out physical causes of erectile dysfunction. If a man cannot get an erection to his satisfaction during sexual activities one of the first things a doctor will determine is whether or not he is getting full erections during the night and in the morning.

If a lack of morning erections is accompanied by a lack of overall erections it suggests a physical over a psychological cause. If you are concerned about a noticeable change in your morning erections it's something you may want to talk about with your doctor. However there are a variety of other factors that influence morning erections (including length and quality of sleep) and a change in morning erections doesn't always indicate a serious problem.
i would not be concerned at the moment.hop this helps

Hi Tom,

A very informative post there but you should really cite your sources when you copy info from the Internet; or maybe just posting a link would be better? We don't want to get into any trouble regarding copyright issues etc.

Thanks for taking the time to research this though, it is appreciated.