Hi, my little sister has a sleeping problem and she`s on Melatonin tablets. But, the problem is that she hates tablets and when sh`s about to drink it with water, before bed time, she goes crazy. Is there any other way of using Melatonin? I really hate to see her going mad about some tablet.

Hi, have a same problem with my son, but I give him the Kirkman Chewable Melatonin (1mg tablets). And he`s not complaining. They taste like any other medicine, but chewing is his choice, because he doesn`t need to take the Melatonin tablet with water at once. More about tablets, experts say that adult males only need 150 micrograms, and average female 100 (a microgram is 1/100 th of a milligram). If your sister is using regular melatonin tablets, you can cut the pill into fourths or try to find the smallest pill size available. If she is taking time-released melatonin you shouldn`t break the tablet, because that will ruin the time-release.