I am 20 and had a baby 4 months ago. I have been taking birth control for a month and a half and since i started my pills I have had a period every other week. my regular period last 7 days and its fresh blood. the irregular period lasts 7 days and its fowl smelling extremely dark thick blood. I am also having unpretected sex. But I am on birth control. I have takin birth control before and I have never had an abnormal period. After my pregnancy i was normal until I started taking my birth control pills. I am very concerned and I am trying to find out what might be wrong.

Thank you,
Bruyere

i had the same thing happen to me and come to find out that i now have "dysfunctional uterine bleeding". and i bleed for a week then stop for a week then start again. soo. i think ur best bet is to get checked for it. and u may want to switch b/c methods. is this ur first baby? if so after you have kids ur system acts completely okward after u have a baby then when u did b4. i have had 2 misses, and 2 live children. so if u wanna' talk more about this u can WRITE BACK

**edited by moderator**