I went off birth control in May, no period in June, regular period in July, August, and first week of September. Had a very light period 2 weeks later in September but it only lasted 3 days and was very light. Two weeks later another light period for one day. Now this week, period on Monday, nothing week Tuesday, period Wednesday, nothing Thursday. My husband and i have had unprotected sex a couple of times in the past month and a half. Nothing like this had happened before. I don't have any PMS symptoms (normal for me) and no pregnancy symptoms. Does this sound familiar? Any advice? Doctor visit is obvious, but i want personal experiences/advice. Thank you!

Did you have regular periods before you went on birth control? Or were they irregular? It does take a little time for your body to get back into pace after being chemically deligated on how long your cycle should be. Most women's cycles range from 28 to 32 days. Some women can go as far as cycling every 40 days. It may just be your body and hormones working out a cycle best for you, but you should def. set up an appt. with your doctor. As far as possibly being pregnant, it could be possible. Some women can't get a positive result until their 6-7 week of pregnancy, and light bleeding (implantation bleeding) is common. It typically happens around your expected period, is light and can come and go for a bit.

Thanks for replying. My periods were like clockwork, 28 days exactly, both before birth control and during. I was on it for 2 1/2 years, the pill aviane.