I am thinking of divorce for months now but only one more thing borders me here and it is how my kids could react when it comes to choosing one parent over the other. My daughter is 9 years old and my son is almost 5 and it is been a while their dad and I have serious marriage problem that couldn't be fixed anymore –the thing is that I am the one who want this divorce and am willing to get back to my birth city but this –choosing one parent over the other issue is terrifying me. Of course I would like my kids to stay with me for it has been almost 10 years now I am doing this house keeping and I am the one who spends all the time on the world with these kids without even seeing their dad who is too much preoccupied with job but also with rec. sports and hanging around with friends so he is absent at least five nights a week and I am not going anywhere. Anyway I have decided that divorce would be the best choice for me but am afraid of staying without kids.

Well in my experience kids usually choose the parent who are more connected to and who is more present in their life but despite this facts I still think that your kid needs to have attention from both parents so even if you get back to your birth town keep in mind that it is essential for your kid to stay in touch with their dad and arrange regular visiting and finally children would make a habit and if are not neglected they could pass through all of this divorce situation without heavy scars and of course choosing the right parent is very important and if you ask me choosing mom is always better opt but still this is not the rule for also having male support is also essential in healthy child development.