Hi, I am 14 years old boy and I am having problem with my parents. They don't like my friends and do not allow me to go out with them. Main reason for their attitude is that my friends are not so good in school so they don't want let me become like them. I don't know how to make them let me go out with my friends.

Hi, I also had problems with my parents in your age. I suggest you to let them know your friends better. Invite your friend and let your parents to know them better. Also try to talk to them and explain them that you must have friends whom you will go out with.

Hi there,
I am a parent of two boys and I always tried to support their ideas and the friendships that they made. I will tell you one thing about being a parent. It isn’t easy to be one, because you have responsibilities for someone else and you try your best to teach your children everything that is good. And sometimes parents can be wrong, you have to know that. You need to talk to your parents about this and give them your opinion. It is much easier to be a parent if you have a normal conversation with your children. I hope that this was helpful in any way and that you will make peace with your parents.

All the best,
Danella