Hi there! I have a 10 year old boy who has been complaining about headaches, and abdominal pain for over 6 months now. We visited so many doctors, did so many tests and none of them indicated serious problems. Both my ex husband and I are trying to be supportive to the son about this, but the doctors suspect psychosymatic pain. Is there anybody who can tell me the main causes of psychosymatic pain.

Well, psychosymatic pain is rear in children but may, however, reflect stress like nervousness in a social situation, demands at school, and even your and your husbands separation. Stress affects the body and the mind and can influence how a youngster perceives the symptoms of an illness and how he will recover. You may try talking to him, making him understand the situation, and make him realize that the divorce is not his mistake.