I started to use Methotrexate because I have huge problems. Anyway, last few years I have used alcohol a lot, to forget about problems in my life. I know this is stupid, but I did not know how to help myself. However, now my cousin recommended me a doctor who prescribed me this drug. I wonder how it interferes with alcohol use, should I be careful.

I have to warrant you should definitely tell your doctor if you have a history of alcohol abuse. You should not drink alcohol while you use Methotrexate, which is definitely. The reason is that alcohol increases the chance of liver damage with this drug. Methotrexate can cause a decrease in the number of blood cells in your bone marrow as one of other side effects, beside problems with alcohol. Methotrexate also can cause cancerous lymphomas, severe skin reactions, infections such as pneumonia, and bone and soft tissue damage. As I already told you, severe damage to your liver, kidneys, lungs, and gastrointestinal tract are worsened if you use alcohol. Some of these side effects can even be fatal. That is why you should keep all appointments with your doctor and the laboratory. I am sure your doctor will order lab tests before, during, and after your treatment to see if you are affected by this drug. Just I would like to warrant you should told him about your alcohol usage and cut this bad habit, at least while you are on Methotrexate.