I have problem with psoriasis and now I have to seek for someone’s opinion. I broke out everywhere with spots which is terrible annoying to me. When I visited my dermatologist, she put me on Methotrexate. I was wondering if anybody else had this, and what treatment did you use for psoriasis. Can you tell me if Methotrexate is appropriate treatment for psoriasis?

Based on your description of what happened, I guess your doctor gave you appropriate medicine to treat psoriasis. I can tell you this because one cousin had the same disease. His doctor also prescribed him Methotrexate, which helped him with psoriasis symptoms. If you have infection such as streptococcus, the psoriasis will not start to respond to treatment until this infection is successfully dealt with. That is why I believe you might want to be tested for streptococcus, and then use Methotrexate for psoriasis treatment. However, I am sure your psoriasis will responds very well to light treatments. The fact that you will be on Methotrexate is making me hope it will be for a very short period. I have to warrant you this is a very serious medication, but it should help clear your psoriasis faster. It will help to avoid antibacterial soaps, to use only free and clear laundry products, and to use moisturizer several times a day during you are on Methotrexate for psoriasis treatment. However, you have to know that everyone and his or her psoriasis is different but I hope this medicine might help you.

I have had psoriasis for about 5 years. It was only small white flaky patches on my eyelids, over the years it has got worse. I did not take Methotrexate treatment for psoriasis. I do not about this.

**edited by moderator ** web addresses not allowed **

Skin Cap spray took the psoriasis off of my elbows, knees, calves, and scalp within four weeks. I was amazed to find such an effective treatment right on EBay after getting worthless perscription topical steroids from my primary care psysician and dermatologist for years. Try it, you will be free from this painful and embarassing disease so quickly! This sounds like an ad, however it is truth and being skeptical and desparate, I decided to try it last year. The only evidence of my past psoriasis is a slight darkening of the skin where the plauqe used to be. Other than that, which is tanned in the summer, is no evidence of psoriasis at all. You will NOT be disapointed. TRY THIS, IT WORKS!

I have suffered from psoriasis for YEARS, and I have done PUVA therapy as well as UVB therapy in the light box. I have tried all topical creams and lotions, and I was on Soriatane. When you get desperate, you try anything, since this disease is humiliating and embarassing! Well, Methothexate cured me within a week. I know it's a strong drug, but what drug doesn't harm us? Do I sit at home as a leper or try this and move on with my life? I am only 35; I need to know psoriasis is not the end of my social life.